British Speedway Forum

I made it there.

After settling down, shooting sulking glares at the gorgeously sunstruck back straight and the tempting looking terracing, I chose to watch the majority of this meeting from the fourth bend - before viewing a bit yo-yoing between the crowd on the home straight to watch not far from the start line.

Yet, for once.. I have little more comments to add, really! At least, not without my programme to hand.

It may sound a silly question but is there a reason the back straight is shut? I believe someone pre-warned me of this, but it just seems odd to me?

i thoroughly enjoyed this meeting and thought you did an excellent job of "yo-yoing" :P (although have come to the conclusion i need to be taller)

well done to tai...deserved to win as was very impressive. i would like to say henning loof deserves a well done for having the courage to represent his team even though he was carrying a bad injury - i noticed he was struggling to walk on his left leg, not surprised he withdrew!

In the perfect world then a neutral track would suit everyone but its about making money. Had this meeting been at a neutral track then the crowd would not have been so many in number as it was on Sunday. In any event this year I did not envisage any home advantage as Andre has not been at his best this season with many a rider beating him on his hom track. although bias Sheffield is one of those tracks that have the facilities to hold such an event. The racing was a bit processional in the beginning but if you saw the state of the track two weeks ago its a miracle they got it into any decent shape at all. Sheffield have a big following and certainly contributed to the good size crowd.

Have to agree with you Tigershark. Owlerton is an ideal venue for a meeting like the PLRC and it always attracts a good healthy crowd. I moved to Sheffield in 1990 and started going to speedway again in 1991 at Owlerton when it started up again and have missed only two PLRC's in that time being 2006 & 2007 due to them clashing with holidays.

I enjoyed the 5 that I saw at Coventry and also the one at Kings Lynn. Didn't particularly enjoy the one at Belle Vue as I remember it being rather dusty that day.

The guys did a great job on the track because as you said two weeks ago it was in a right state after the stock car's. I thought that the racing got better as the meeting went on and we were treated to some cracking races in the second half of the meeting. Hope that it is back on the racing calendar again for Owlerton next season.

All credit is due to the track staff because although it was not perfect it was much better than it has been for nearly all of this season.

Sarah, you should have practised your P.R. skills and brought people to meet me, I suppose I could have a t. shirt made, but when will I be able to escape again.

You buggered off you did ya daft git :rolleyes: Hope you had a good day anyways... I know every other Bandit fan did (and there were more then a fair few there).. :approve:

Nice to catch up with everyone else again... :approve:

I wonder why on the BSPA website it says that Ben Barker personally requested that heat 17 with his crash against Kauko was put up?

They probably asked permission due to him having a crash in it? They don't normally want to glorify the crashes in the sport!

They probably asked permission due to him having a crash in it? They don't normally want to glorify the crashes in the sport!

Well the way it said that he personally requested it be put up would suggest they werent going to but he asked them to. I just wondered thats all, seemed a bit strange to me.

Well the way it said that he personally requested it be put up would suggest they werent going to but he asked them to. I just wondered thats all, seemed a bit strange to me.

Ben asked me to put the crash on the web, so when I emailed the clip to the webmaster today I passed comment that Ben had specifically requested it and the comment has made it onto the site ! Nothing more than that

Is there a DVD for sale?

Yes, available here or by post, contact details here

Just finishing it off today and tomorrow, should be ready for shipping start of next week

Edited by ballinger

YES on the 3rd bend with Team Rymel, the guy had a Bees shirt on.

That'd be Silver Bee :D

YES on the 3rd bend with Team Rymel, the guy had a Bees shirt on.

Yup!! You've met silver bee ;)

Fame at last :P

loser :blink:

hi soz i not been on here for ages as u know i moved im just aving a flutter on here while at my parents.

the meeting was rather boring but tai really did deserve it.

i think id also be right in thinking most of you would have seem my newest bit of art work (ulrich tattoo on my back) there was ony man that came and took a pic for his Wife other wise she wouldnt believe him

not sure if you on this site but what did your wife say.

i absolutly love the tattoo as does the ones close to Ulrich.

any one that see it what was your views??