British Speedway Forum

Does anybody know when the line up is going to be announced!

Edited by eric i

Well considering I read in the Speedway Star a bit since about Jason King being Newcastle's representative because he's their #1 in the averages at the cut-off date (whenever that was) you'd think it would be now but as always the line-up would only be provisional as injuries or international commitments (Zorro last year as an example) can prevent a rider taking his place.

Well I am just waiting for all the usuals to come on here and say Andre has it sewn up with his home track advantage!! Well I tell you now this could be one of the best meetings in years with the talent that is going to be in the field and with nearly all the riders being able to ride Owlerton!! Riders like Ostergaard, Nermark and Doolan have shown Andre wont have it all his own way and if he is not firing on top form he could be lucky to finish in the top 6 to qualify for the semi!!

Ostergaard, Nermark, Doolan, Woffinden, Lyons, Doyle, Barker, King, Rymel, Karlsson, Havelock can all ride Sheffield and if the track is right and helped by good weather there could be passiong galore!!

Seanisnumber1, 100% spot on that post is. It will take something special for Andre to win it, anyone who says it's his because of the home track advantage clearly has not seen the likes of Jason Lyons (who I would very much like to win this meeting), Ulrich Ostergaard, Tai Woffinden, Kevin Doolan to name a few, around Owlerton.

I'd recommend this meeting to anyone including the neutrals from outside the PL, I don't usually tend to big up the Sheffield track but with the best of the PL boys on show it promises to be an absolute cracker, and I personally can not wait.

Edited by tigerblues

Seanisnumber1, 100% spot on that post is. It will take something special for Andre to win it, anyone who says it's his because of the home track advantage clearly has not seen the likes of Jason Lyons (who I would very much like to win this meeting), Ulrich Ostergaard, Tai Woffinden, Kevin Doolan to name a few, around Owlerton.

I'd recommend this meeting to anyone including the neutrals from outside the PL, I don't usually tend to big up the Sheffield track but with the best of the PL boys on show it promises to be an absolute cracker, and I personally can not wait.

It depends on how the track is . Obviously Compton must start favourite , but i hope the track isn't like it was the last time Sheffield hosted the event . That night if you were coming out of gate 3 or 4 , you might as well have stayed in the pits .

It's the best stadium in the league , so all we want is an even track and it should be a great night .

Looking forward to supporting Doolan at this meeting, should be a cracker :)

Edited by Trees

It depends on how the track is . Obviously Compton must start favourite , but i hope the track isn't like it was the last time Sheffield hosted the event . That night if you were coming out of gate 3 or 4 , you might as well have stayed in the pits .

It's the best stadium in the league , so all we want is an even track and it should be a great night .

Paulco

Andre's performances have been very hot and cold at home this season. Riders like Ostergaard have appeared a class above him. Having said that, if he is underestimated he could well win.

But it will not be down to track advantage - Lyons gave him a drubbing every time they met the other week.

Just hope it is a good meeting, lots of fans come from other tracks, and they are treated to some good racing and go home satisfied.

I still wouldnt rule compton out, who knows he may get a specialy tuned motor, but this year he as looked more beatable around owlerton than ever since his return. For me ostergaards looked the best this year at sheffield imo. :)

I still wouldnt rule compton out, who knows he may get a specialy tuned motor, but this year he as looked more beatable around owlerton than ever since his return. For me ostergaards looked the best this year at sheffield imo. :)

I'd not rule him out either, he can still beat anybody in the line-up, he just doesn't seem as dominant round Sheffield anymore to me.

I'd not rule him out either, he can still beat anybody in the line-up, he just doesn't seem as dominant round Sheffield anymore to me.

nah he hasnt, thing is he gets past more now than i can remember. Since peter carrs gone he doesnt seem the same, maybe hes 1 of many of the older riders thats on the decline, i.e stoney :unsure:

This should be one of the most wide open PLRC meetings in a long time, with the likes of Doolan, Woffenden, Ostergaard, Lyons, Ryml, Nermark as well as home favourite Andre Compton all in with a chance of winning.

I think alot is to do with Mr Carr not being with him anymore and as a resuly he is treating it more like a hobby again maybe?

Any idea who does his bikes now? Benji ?