British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Parsloes 1928 nearly

Buxton 11 October

I see that Buxton are down to stage a round of the U-15s championship on 11/10.. :approve:

Can people tell me if:

- this is the final round (and if so, are there any more rounds before this or is it a three round series..?)? :unsure:

- now that Marc Owen's turned 14 and riding a 500cc machine will he be allowed to compete in that class at Hi Edge..? :unsure:

- what is proposed as the start time for this Saturday staging at Buxton? :unsure:

- will a programme be produced? :unsure:

Thanx

And is it a stand alone fixture or the second part of a d/h

Edited by PhilK

I see that Buxton are down to stage a round of the U-15s championship on 11/10..

Can people tell me if:

- this is the final round (and if so, are there any more rounds before this or is it a three round series..?)?

- now that Marc Owen's turned 14 and riding a 500cc machine will he be allowed to compete in that class at Hi Edge..?

- what is proposed as the start time for this Saturday staging at Buxton?

- will a programme be produced?

Thanx

Just a start time would please me..???!!!! :rolleyes::unsure:

Just a start time would please me..???!!!! :rolleyes::unsure:

Start time I have from the SCB office is 4pm, enableing spectators to take in Stoke in the evening ( weather permiting) :wink:

Start time I have from the SCB office is 4pm, enableing spectators to take in Stoke in the evening ( weather permiting) :wink:

Thanx WW..: 4pm seems good as, as you say, the Neil Collins meeting is over at Loomer Rd. that evening..... :approve:

Also you've effectively answered two of my other Qs in your posting about the preceding round at your place:

Here are the line ups for the Under 15 British Championship Round at Weymouth on Saturday 13th September.

500cc class

11 Marc Owen

res Rhys Naylor

:approve: :approve:

Good luck to Marc on his championship debut in the 500cc class.

A couple of other Qs..

Is the final round a 'double points' effort or merely the last round in the series with a cumulative winner decided over all rounds...

And just as a matter of interest, how does a field of eleven actually work out logistically..? Would've thought that you'd need 12 in which case why not 'promote' Rhys into the main field..?? :unsure:

Thanx WW..: 4pm seems good as, as you say, the Neil Collins meeting is over at Loomer Rd. that evening..... :approve:

Also you've effectively answered two of my other Qs in your posting about the preceding round at your place:

:approve: :approve:

Good luck to Marc on his championship debut in the 500cc class.

A couple of other Qs..

Is the final round a 'double points' effort or merely the last round in the series with a cumulative winner decided over all rounds...

And just as a matter of interest, how does a field of eleven actually work out logistically..? Would've thought that you'd need 12 in which case why not 'promote' Rhys into the main field..?? :unsure:

Supplementary Regulations

2008 British Under 15 Championships

1. General Regulations are covered by SR 18C.7

2. If no Reserves are present, a Starting Gate infringement will result in a Handicap of 15 metres for a 1st offence with Exclusion for a 2nd offence.

3. If 9 or less Riders compete in a Class at any Round, then there will be a Last Chance Heat and Final for that Class, i.e. the top 2 scoring Riders from the Qualifying Heats will go direct to the Final with Riders placed 3rd to 6th taking part in the Last Chance Heat from where the top 2 go forward to the main Final.

4. Championship Points will be awarded based upon the Riders finishing position, either from the Heats when there is no Final or when a Last Chance Heat and Final is run, that will determine positions 1st to 6th with 7th onwards being determined by the Riders Heat score.

5. The Championship Points awarded will be 1st = 18 points, 2nd = 16 pts, 3rd = 14 pts, 4th = 12 pts, with 5th receiving 11 points, 6th 10 points etc.

6. Five (5) Rounds are planned but in any event any Rider competing in all Rounds will be able to exclude the lowest score from the Final Calculations, i.e. if 5 Rounds are held only 4 Rounds count to the Championship, likewise if 4 Rounds are completed, 3 will count.

7. In determining a Riders finishing order, precedence is given to the Rider having the highest number of Heat Wins, followed by 2nd’s, 3rd’s, 4th’s etc. NB. A 4th is better than a Non-Finisher and a Start is better than a non-Start. Should this not determine a hierarchy, then if only 2 Riders are involved, the Rider having the most wins over their opponent is better, otherwise the better Heat Win time shall determine. If it is still not possible to determine; where no Final is being run, there shall be a run-off for 1st, 2nd or 3rd only, with other positions determined by a ballot and where a Final is being run then all positions will be determined by a ballot in the case a tie cannot be resolved by the above formula.

The formular for the event is a little like the Bronze Helmet one LOL just kidding!!! Although it is wierd that both classes use different formulars. But hey ho It'll probably work itself out during procedings

, could someone possible tell me is there a maximum age limit for the250cc class as i am new to this and not sure how old you are allowed to carry on riding a 250cc for. many thanks nathan stoneman

one rider this year is still competing on 250's at 15yrs but you are able to upgrade to 500 at 14, so no I don't think there is an upper age limit at all just a guide line age.

Start time I have from the SCB office is 4pm, enabling spectators to take in Stoke in the evening

Can Jayne please confirm it is a 4pm start..? :unsure:

I am actually planning to do as WW suggests and get over to Stoke for the Neil Collins Meeting after the U-15s. :approve:

Have never done that cross-country journey before (indeed will be my, long-delayed, first ever trip to Hi Edge, in truth!! :shock: ) but those who have, have expressed concerns that a 4pm start time will leave it tight possibly to get to Stoke for a 7.30pm start there.. :unsure:

Any comments/advice would be appreciated!!!

Can Jayne please confirm it is a 4pm start..? :unsure:

I am actually planning to do as WW suggests and get over to Stoke for the Neil Collins Meeting after the U-15s. :approve:

Have never done that cross-country journey before (indeed will be my, long-delayed, first ever trip to Hi Edge, in truth!! :shock: ) but those who have, have expressed concerns that a 4pm start time will leave it tight possibly to get to Stoke for a 7.30pm start there.. :unsure:

Any comments/advice would be appreciated!!!

Each time I've undertaken the journey from Buxton to Stoke, it's taken me just over an hour (becareful of the speed cameras). I often go to Buxton on a Sunday when Boston don't have a meeting, and a friendlier bunch of people, you couldn't wish to meet. Super little venue to watch racing, especially as you can sit in your car trackside if it's cold or damp. Word of warning, park on the bends, and you risk leaving with a lot of stone chips to your paintwork, so back straight is advisable.

If the meeting is anything like the one that you and I enjoyed at the Norfolk Arena on Wednesday evening, then the good people of Derbyshire are in for a mega treat. ENJOY.

Each time I've undertaken the journey from Buxton to Stoke, it's taken me just over an hour (becareful of the speed cameras). I often go to Buxton on a Sunday when Boston don't have a meeting, and a friendlier bunch of people, you couldn't wish to meet. Super little venue to watch racing, especially as you can sit in your car trackside if it's cold or damp. Word of warning, park on the bends, and you risk leaving with a lot of stone chips to your paintwork, so back straight is advisable.

If the meeting is anything like the one that you and I enjoyed at the Norfolk Arena on Wednesday evening, then the good people of Derbyshire are in for a mega treat. ENJOY.

I've just noticed on page 4 of this weeks Speedway Star, that the meeting is being advertised as being on October 18th, I trust that is incorrect.

The meeting is definitely on Saturday 11th October - our normal start time is 3pm so I am unsure where the 4pm has come from. However will check with Graham Reeve and confirm as soon as possible. The journey to Stoke is about 45 mins to 1 hour depending on how quick you are and traffic :lol:

The meeting is definitely on Saturday 11th October - our normal start time is 3pm so I am unsure where the 4pm has come from. However will check with Graham Reeve and confirm as soon as possible. The journey to Stoke is about 45 mins to 1 hour depending on how quick you are and traffic :lol:

Many thanx, Jayne.

Am relieved that it's on the 11th. and that the start time's, as you say, one hour earlier than previously posted.. Also, having also consulted AA Routefinder, I see that really Buxton & Stoke are certainly no more than one hour apart!!

Happy days!! :approve: