British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Parsloes 1928 nearly

Buxton 11 October

hi would anyone please have the post code for buxton speedway track, as travelling from devon for the last round, many thanks nathan stoneman.

Nathan,

Not sure if there is a post code for the stadium since it is out in the wilds, but if you go on the BSPA web site, and then go to the Buxton web site, there are directions to the stadium.

From the SW, take the M6 to Stoke, then to Leek and then the A53 would be my way, but the locals may know a better route for you.

Enjoy the day, and if the weather is fine, there probably isn't a more spectacular track in the country.

Nathan,

Not sure if there is a post code for the stadium since it is out in the wilds, but if you go on the BSPA web site, and then go to the Buxton web site, there are directions to the stadium.

From the SW, take the M6 to Stoke, then to Leek and then the A53 would be my way, but the locals may know a better route for you.

Enjoy the day, and if the weather is fine, there probably isn't a more spectacular track in the country.

thank you very much that has been a great help. nathan stoneman

Edited by nathan stoneman

gutted its on a saturday as i will probably be working, on a normal sunday and i would have been there !

The meeting is definitely on Saturday 11th October - our normal start time is 3pm

Now, the BSPA web-site lists this as being on Sunday 12th....!!! :shock:

First the Star gets it wrong; now - unless there's been a change.. - the SGB site seems to have it wrong too.. What's going on!!?? :blink:

Now, the BSPA web-site lists this as being on Sunday 12th....!!! :shock:

First the Star gets it wrong; now - unless there's been a change.. - the SGB site seems to have it wrong too.. What's going on!!?? :blink:

The meeting is definitely on Saturday 11th October - have sent an email to Nigel Pearson asking him to correct the BSPA site.

The meeting is definitely on Saturday 11th October - have sent an email to Nigel Pearson asking him to correct the BSPA site.

Thanx again Jayne..: I promise I won't fret anymore about the date/time of this meeting...: not even if another media gets it wrong yet again!!! :wink::rolleyes:

Does anyone know roughly how long this meeting will last?

We are still awaiting the final line-up and format for the meeting but I expect there will be at least 20 heats.

Would've been nice to have seen more interest in this meeting..!! :cry:

Worst still, my attempts to get up to Buxton remain seemingly jinxed as the Met Office site seems determined (and has done for days now) to have Saturday in Buxton marked down as heavy rain all day..! :angry::cry:

It's asking for weather predictive skills I guess none of us can be expected to have..: but does ANYONE out there have any better idea on what really is the likelihood of rain meaning this meeting is off on Saturday. :unsure:

Will need to leave home before 11am and am hoping to take in this and Stoke in the evening..: don't much fancy two bloody rain offs though!!! :mad:

MUCH better news from the Met Office site today as regards tomorrow... :lol:

Mind you, one can't help feel that they make this stuff up as they go along.

Wake up this morning, it's a lovely day ..: whoops, we've been predicting heavy rain for Saturday all week folks...: best change that, eh..!!

So, all being well I WILL now be at Buxton tomorrow. :approve:

Question is...: what riders shall I be seeing..??!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by Parsloes 1928 nearly

Supplementary Regulations

2008 British Under 15 Championships

The formula for the event is a little like the Bronze Helmet one LOL just kidding!!!

Actually you were right first time..: the 11 heat and 10 heat formats WERE indeed very like the Bronze Helmet.. :wink:

For example in the 250cc series leader (and eventual winner), Rhys Naylor had his first ride in heat three and then had his next three in consecutive races (including twice against Dan I'anson) in heats 8 to 10..!! By that time several of the lads had, had all four of their rides!

Similarily in the 500cc James Sarjeant had his final three rides in the final four heats and had two rides to go when one of his main challengers John Resch had finished all his rides.

It is, of course, tricky to devise a format with fields of 11 and 10 respectively but surely the rides could be a tad more evenly distributed than this..?? :unsure:

Actually you were right first time..: the 11 heat and 10 heat formats WERE indeed very like the Bronze Helmet.. :wink:

For example in the 250cc series leader (and eventual winner), Rhys Naylor had his first ride in heat three and then had his next three in consecutive races (including twice against Dan I'anson) in heats 8 to 10..!! By that time several of the lads had, had all four of their rides!

Similarily in the 500cc James Sarjeant had his final three rides in the final four heats and had two rides to go when one of his main challengers John Resch had finished all his rides.

It is, of course, tricky to devise a format with fields of 11 and 10 respectively but surely the rides could be a tad more evenly distributed than this..?? :unsure:

As discussed with Graham Reeve + Jonah saturday the formula is being looked at . It is very disjointed.

Does anyone have the heat times from this meeting please?

I have the results (from the Buxton website) but not the times

Does anyone have the heat times from this meeting please?

I have the results (from the Buxton website) but not the times

I have them all except the first three heats. We got stuck behind a tractor and then in the mist so were a little late!! :rolleyes:

I'll post 'em later when I have time!!!!