British Speedway Forum
Parsloes 1928 nearly

Gb Under 15s Championship Standings After Three Rounds

Is it any wonder that the kids and their fathers give up when you see this saga of miscommunication, lack of communication etc.

I have to say that when Peter Oakes ran the championship, we knew well in advance what round we were doing, and when apart from when riders dropped out at the last minute.

Apart from the Camarthen round, assuming my memory is correct, no contribution was made to the riders then, even though we were travelling up to Edinburgh and down to Weymouth, but then fuel wasn't the £1.22 per gallon it is now.

I feel sorry for the few promoters who have stuck out trying to promote this competition against "perceived" falling interest from the BSPA. At least the likes of Weymouth and Buxton etc can't be accused of doing nothing. This is a competition that must not be allowed to die, and I thing the suggestion of making it U16's is a positive step forward.

Is it any wonder that the kids and their fathers give up when you see this saga of miscommunication, lack of communication etc.

I have to say that when Peter Oakes ran the championship, we knew well in advance what round we were doing, and when apart from when riders dropped out at the last minute.

Apart from the Camarthen round, assuming my memory is correct, no contribution was made to the riders then, even though we were travelling up to Edinburgh and down to Weymouth, but then fuel wasn't the £1.22 per gallon it is now.

I feel sorry for the few promoters who have stuck out trying to promote this competition against "perceived" falling interest from the BSPA. At least the likes of Weymouth and Buxton etc can't be accused of doing nothing. This is a competition that must not be allowed to die, and I thing the suggestion of making it U16's is a positive step forward.

I wish, think you might mean a litre!