British Speedway Forum
Parsloes 1928 nearly

Gb Under 15s Championship Standings After Three Rounds

The following are the total scores and current total aggregate positions after three rounds of this year's U-15 championships.

These were kindly provided to me by # Name Removed # and so are official.

The figure in red is my (unofficial) calculation of the position if one deducts the lowest score from the three (which is I understand how the eventual total will be decided). The figure in red therefore gives just an indicative position of how the lads go into Round Four next month...

As you can see, all up for grabs at Hi Edge on 11/10!! :approve:

Round One Stoke

Round Two Northside

Round Three Weymouth

Round Four Buxton

500cc class

Jason GARRITY 14 16 14 44 1st 30

John RESCH 18 14 11 43 2nd 32

James SARJEANT 11 18 12 41 3rd 30

Joseph JACOBS 12 10 16 38 4th 28

Cameron HOSKINS 9 11 8 28 5th 20

Scott DAY 6 8 10 24 6th 18

Jack HIRST 8 12 dnr 20 7th 20

Jack BUTLER10 dnr 9 19 8th 19

Marc OWEN dnr dnr 18 18 9th 18

Daniel GREENWOOD16 dnr dnr 16 10th 16

Scott GIBBONS dnr 9 7 16 11th 16

Ashley MORRIS 7 dnr dnr 7 12th 7

250cc class

Nathan STONEMAN 18 16 12 46 1st 34

Conor DWYER 16 12 11 39 2nd 30

Rhys NAYLOR dnr 18 16 34 3rd= 34

Lloyd BARRETT 14 10 10 34 3rd= 24

Jack CORNES 11 14 9 34 3rd= 25

Ben MORLEY 9 dnr 18 27 6th 27

Daniel I'anson 10 11 dnr 21 7th 21

Daniel SIBSON 8 9 dnr 17 8th 17

Brandon FREEMANTLE dnr dnr14 14 9th 14

Marc OWEN 12 dnr dnr 12 10th 12

Tyler GOVIER dnr dnr 8 8 11th 8

Many thanx to Crouch for providing this info. :approve:

Edited to correct to Brandon Freemantle. Sorry for getting name wrong before!!

Edited by Parsloes 1928 nearly

Just to bring this back to the top...: anyone notice that in the 500cc class SIX of the current top eight have names beginning with 'J'..!!

There's two 'Jacks', a James, a Joseph, one John and a Jason!! :shock::wink:

Just to bring this back to the top...: anyone notice that in the 500cc class SIX of the current top eight have names beginning with 'J'..!!

There's two 'Jacks', a James, a Joseph, one John and a Jason!! :shock::wink:

You really need to get out more :lol:

Should be an excellent final round at Buxton with a number of riders in with a chance of winning the Championship

Edited by PhilK

You really need to get out more :lol:

Or get yourself a good woman or even better take to the drink :wink::lol: :lol:

I have got to say I wasn't looking forward to this meeting but it turned out to be good. Young Garrity IMHO was absolutely superb and worth much of the entrance fee alone. One thing that did cause a few moans was the race card I was constantly asked who was riding in most heats, and also through no fault of anyone who was there was the fact that in some races there were only TWO riders. But all in all if Dave # Name Removed # has his way things look good for British Speedway in the Future. These series MUST be kept up and more youngsters encouraged into the sport. :wink:

Edited by Dusty Bins Sidekick

Couldn't believe it when we found out 4 riders hadn't turned up yet all you ever hear is moaning and groaning that there isn't enough track time for them in the UK and when there is an organised meeting they can't be bothered to get sorted and travel.

I would say to Dave # Name Removed # replace them in the future if you are able to with other kids who are happy to travel and ride in an organised meeting, good luck ate for the future which is starting to look a little brighter wih the quality of some of these lads. Another two or three years and hopefully things will look even better.

As to the rest who turned up well done lads you did yourselves proud, a very professional approach and no prima donas, keep your heads like that and you'll go far.

no prima donas,

Oh yes there was believe me he's the one who stamped his feet, spat his dummy out when he was told TWICE not to use something and Once when told to use something different

Couldn't believe it when we found out 4 riders hadn't turned up yet all you ever hear is moaning and groaning that there isn't enough track time for them in the UK and when there is an organised meeting they can't be bothered to get sorted and travel.

I would say to Dave # Name Removed # replace them in the future if you are able to with other kids who are happy to travel and ride in an organised meeting, good luck ate for the future which is starting to look a little brighter wih the quality of some of these lads. Another two or three years and hopefully things will look even better.

As to the rest who turned up well done lads you did yourselves proud, a very professional approach and no prima donas, keep your heads like that and you'll go far.

I'm sure the four that didn't turn up had very valid reasons for not being there i.e. injuries etc.

It's not a case of not being bothered to get "sorted and travel "most of the problems this year have been fuel costs, it cost me £130 to get to and from Weymouth without any other expenses, and we spend that most weeks trying to grab a second half where we can. We get no assistance with travel from anyone, so please don't be so quick to condemn the four that didn't turn up.

Nigel

to stressed i would like to point out that my lads ashley morris was one of the no shows this been due to work comitments you know the place i get the money from to pay for speedway which we travel far and wide to to do cause unlike the foriegn riders teams don t helps us we have to do it all ourselves so think you shouldn t pass jugment til you know the facts we let graham reve know in time also you say dave should replace if possible who s dave cause i didn t see him at stoke or any other training sessions or junior meetings or does he just turn up to the close one s.

I really think that you need to re think what you are saying, these lads and lasses and their parents are ploughing money in with little or no sponsorship, and as any one knows speedway is not a cheap sport, perhaps maybe we need to look at getting these meetings sponsored and pay the lads travelling expenses, or maybe the BSPA to pay these lads.

We have the talented riders out their, but unfortunately I think that we are going to see maybe half of these lost to the sport due to costs. I think that we need to see clubs adopt a young lad or lasses, and help them with after meeting rides and travelling costs.

Oh yes there was believe me he's the one who stamped his feet, spat his dummy out when he was told TWICE not to use something and Once when told to use something different

Can you be more specific? not who it was if you don't want to drop any one in it but what was he told not to use? I wasn't there couldn't get a weekend pass so enjoying the posts.

Stressed

My Son was also one " who did not turn up " I did inform the BSPA who asked me in the first place if matt was going to ride that he had broken his collerbone 2 weeks ago and would be unable to take his place.

Please be carefull when making coments about riders of this age that did not turn up! Like many other parents I take Matt to second half events and southern track ( who do a great job for the 250's ) to get him a ride.

Finally a big well done to Phil and Weymouth speedway for hosting this event.

Dale Allitt

I thought that this was one of best meetings I have seen at Weymouth all season. I would rather see one of these meetings than some of the challege matches that we have had to put on this season due to the lack of teams. Its a shame there aren't more of these meetings the lads all did very well with some great racing. Its also a shame that the powers that be can't find some spare cash to put towards some of the expenses for these youngsters even if its just a bit of travel I am sure it would be appreciated. I look forward to seeing some of the lads at our training schools which will be running this season.

Jules

So regarding the riders not turning up I guess you are all saying it's the fault of the BSPA for not informing the promotion and the referee as the scoresheets were only produced a few days prior and had the riders names printed?

As far as injury goes I hope your son heals quickly and gets back on track, all the best to him.

There seems to be a big lack of communication from the BSPA as far as I can see, as while in the refs box no one seemed aware that four riders were not available due to other circumstances what has now been made clear was beyond their control and that you all had informed the relevant people.

I think the BSPA get off very lightly in these cases and should pay the promotions who stage these meetings a sensible fee which covers travel for the kids and parents as some of these riders will progress through the leagues eventually and will get travel paid then so the question I ask is 'why not now?' After all at this stage in training with very few or no sponsors every little helps.

I've seen several youngsters over the years get fed up trying to get track time and then go over to MX where they just turn up if they want to with no commitment, pay and ride all day and I can see things like this happening for a long time until the authorities get their act together.

With the parents, promoters and the organisers involved who all have the best intentions at heart I feel it's a big let down when as a collective the BSPA don't fund or push meetings like this, as I said in another post the lads all acted professionally and did a great job entertaining the crowd (what went on behind in the pits I have no idea) and it's the best environment for them to learn and see if they are suited to racing a speedway bike.

If my previous post offended you, I apologise, I was going on the information that was available on Saturday night in the refs box or should I say lack of information. When I'm told that a certain rider or number of riders have failed to turn up unfortunately I have no way of checking and have to take that as being correct and announce to the paying public.

Just to add one final thing on this subject Pat, Chris Bints father text me to tell me that Chris has packed in speedway now for various reasons and that several weeks ago the BSPA were informed, I will leave you to your own conclusions.

Edited by stressed

With regards to the Bspa`s handling of this event I would like to add that we ( Brandon Freemantle/Dad) were contacted in the first week of august by the lady at the SCB and asked if we wanted to take part. We said yes and were told that we didn`t have to do anything else other than turn up.

So it was with some panic that I saw the line up last week and Brandon wasn`t in it. After two days of phoning the SCB I was phoned back and told there had been an error and we did have a place.

When we arrived at Weymouth nobody knew about this, luckily it was not a problem to the guys at Weymouth and they sorted the situation out.

Imagine the lads disapointment had we not got a ride, it was a shame enough that he didn`t have his name in the program for his first event .

I would like to add that all the people at Weymouth were really good to us and made all the kids feel very welcome, A really big thanks goes to # Name Removed # who was great with the lads and made them all feel special to wear the Lions race jackets.

Can`t wait for Buxton