British Speedway Forum
Bezza

Italian Gp, Lonigo - 27 September 2008

I personally though Gollob unlucky to be excluded - he had the line into the corner and Crump bailed out and got a re-run without Gollob. Why did Gollob go for it? Well, you only get points in the final now if you finish on the podium and you've a better chance of that if you have an earlier gate pick. Still, the organisors were probably thinking that Crump would win and that it would make Germany a bit more of a contest for the title. But fate dealt them a blow. The only thing of interest in Germany now is the eighth place battle, which Bjarne Pedersen has now entered.

The phrase 'face like a smacked ar$e' was really designed for occasions like that trophy presentation :lol:

The only thing of interest in Germany now is the eighth place battle, which Bjarne Pedersen has now entered.

Well dont know if you've missed it but Bjarne has said that he will not ride in the GP series next season no matter if he finishes top 8 or gets WC pick.

Glad Scotty gave Mr Dribble what for tonight, he deserved it.

Also how Holta acted when Nicholls tried the same move on him,just like it was a racing incident. Pure class.

Well dont know if you've missed it but Bjarne has said that he will not ride in the GP series next season no matter if he finishes top 8 or gets WC pick.

I hadn't seen that.

Realistically, even if he had come first, the chances of him beating Nicki by 12 pints in Germany were very very slim.

Maybe but I bet Billy Janniro could manage it. :lol:

Quite a good G.P. tonight and I thought the referee got all his decisions correct.

Scott Nicholls was again so frustrating to watch!

I'm beginning to agree with KevH about Lukas Dryml and I don't blame Scott for his reaction.

Now it won't let me put my bet on Hans.... I will be fuming now if he wins....

So how are you feeling zonkers now that Hans won and you couldn't get your bet on? :wink:

Edited by Gemini

Think the sky bleep boys were ready for Nikki on the phone to the ref!! Thats the first time they have edited any swearing!!!

Lol! No bias there then! Gollob is a hothead, and always has been, and that is why he did not make the final tonight.

The ref. was spot on with his decision, so get over it.

"Gollob is a hothead, and always has been". Oh My God, what a load of rubbish. Tomasz is one of the fairest, cleanest, most sporting riders there is. I believe you confuse brilliance on a speedway motor bike with your idea of being a hothead.

The only reason he didn't make the final is that he is a true racer who believed he had a clean run on Crump who, having bounced of the fence, had already lost his balance and took a dive when he found Tomasz inside him. The same as Nicki did against Crump. Gollob would have stayed on his bike, Crump decided not to.

It was so pleasing tonight to see TG beat Nicki fair and square in Heat 17.

Is it me or does anybody else feel that there's a fair number of people who have contributed to this thread that really ought to make appointments to see their local optician to get their eyes tested as soon as possible? :blink: Quite how anybody can argue against Nicky and Tomasz's exclusions is totally beyond me as they were quite simply the only logical decisions that could be made! :rolleyes:

OOOPS sorry thought id joined the GP section but must have clicked on the anti Jason Crupm section by mistake.

Oh well I will leave you all to your Very biased chat.

One tip please all go to spec savers. THERE WAS CONTACT GET OVER IT.

Quite how anybody can argue against Nicky and Tomasz's exclusions is totally beyond me as they were quite simply the only logical decisions that could be made!

Probably nothing to do with failing eyesight. I think it might have something to do with their country of origin, who their favourite rider is or what team they support. :wink:

I'm with you Bryn. I thought all the decisions the referee made were spot on.

"Gollob is a hothead, and always has been". Oh My God, what a load of rubbish. Tomasz is one of the fairest, cleanest, most sporting riders there is. I believe you confuse brilliance on a speedway motor bike with your idea of being a hothead.

The only reason he didn't make the final is that he is a true racer who believed he had a clean run on Crump who, having bounced of the fence, had already lost his balance and took a dive when he found Tomasz inside him. The same as Nicki did against Crump. Gollob would have stayed on his bike, Crump decided not to.

It was so pleasing tonight to see TG beat Nicki fair and square in Heat 17.

Couldn't agree more.

It's gonna be a while till I calm down after this semi final, anyway.

Roll on Gelsenkirchen!