British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Frank Malouf

Frank Malouf's grandson emailed me asking about his grandad. Does nyone have any info on Frank that I can pass on to his grandson

Frank Malouf's grandson emailed me asking about his grandad. Does nyone have any info on Frank that I can pass on to his grandson
breifly rode for southampton then i belive he rode for wigan in the late 50s early 60s ??@????

Frank definitely rode for Wigan in 1960, although only open meetings took place, and the track did not open in 1961.

Frank Malouf rode in Sydney in the mid-1940s.In Uk, he was with Fleetwood in 1949. Believe he may also have rode for Long Eaton.

Frank Malouf's career in UK

1948 FLEETWOOD

1949 FLEETWOOD 131 pts

1950 NO RECORD FOUND

1951 LONG EATON 218 pts top scorer

1952 LONG EATON 51pts

1953 LIVERPOOL

RODE NSW MID 1950'S

My good friend former Ipswich rider Rod Laudrum in ESSEX has many stories of when he rode with Frank in Holland 1952/1953

Died SYDNEY 2004 AGED 88

1948 FLEETWOOD

1949 FLEETWOOD 131 pts

1950 NO RECORD FOUND

1951 LONG EATON 218 pts top scorer

1952 LONG EATON 51pts

1953 LIVERPOOL

RODE NSW MID 1950'S

My good friend former Ipswich rider Rod Laudrum in ESSEX has many stories of when he rode with Frank in Holland 1952/1953

Died SYDNEY 2004 AGED 88

dear shaleway you missed out SOUTHAMTON

dear shaleway you missed out SOUTHAMTON

You are correct.

SOUTHAMPTON 1952 37 POINTS

Joined southampton after closure of Long Eaton

The story of Nottingham and Long Eaton by Phillip Dalling contains photos and references to Frank

Tony

Frank was captain of the Wigan team 1960.. the club ran non league meetings.. .. a team photograph is in the "Speedway Star digest" of 1961

I believe frank was a regular at vets and oldtimer speedway rider get togethers in OZ

Died SYDNEY 2004 AGED 88

Good shot of him here from the VSRA site,outside Harold Campbell at the Royale. Says he died in June 2002, Shaleways?

Good shot of him here from the VSRA site,outside Harold Campbell at the Royale. Says he died in June 2002, Shaleways?

Dave, you are correct, it was indeed June 2002 apologies

Tony

Dave, you are correct, it was indeed June 2002 apologies

Tony

No Worries Tony. Will we be seeing you at OzChamps '09? After all, its only a hop & a skip to Newcastle.

No Worries Tony. Will we be seeing you at OzChamps '09? After all, its only a hop & a skip to Newcastle.

Yes it is time I started attending a few meetings and got away from this computer screen. as you say Newcastle is only just down the road......I am sure to find a bed and a feed somewhere.

Tony