British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iceandspeedway

Swindon Jrn Meeting 12/10

Well Brendan seems ok with getting there from Rye,as does Smart.

They both reckon on about 1.5 hrs.

So long as neither are required in ht15,I think they will be ok.

Blimey Bob, I am not sure I want a lift now will you now be known as Bob 'the Stig' C?? I am a nervous passenger at the best of times. Any chance someone could have me a nerve calming double brandy ready at Swindon!

Jules

Wouldn't worry to much about this event if Swindon's recent non shows at The Wessex are anything to go by the won't show up 4 this

Tonight's Result from the Abbey:

Swindon 22

Oxford 22

Leicester 27

Bristol 38

I had a prior engagement at Bath races this afternoon, so only arrived at the Abbey in time for Heat 9 of this 4 Team Tournament, but at least I saw the dying embers of Swindon's season. There was a reasonable crowd, swelled by a vociferous group of Bulldogs and a fair smattering of Cheetahs and Lions. Good luck to all 3 with their attempts to follow Exeter's example and get back on the track full-time. :approve:

As for the last 10 heats, Sergei Darkin and Semen Vlasov looked as quick as anyone. Richard Sweetman took the final chequered flag of the campaign, ensuring that Swindon avoided sole ownership of the wooden spoon, and instead shared the spoils with Oxford. Cory Gathercole dropped some unexpected points, hopefully ensuring that he has at least 1 more season in the PL before taking up an expected reserve berth with the Robins in the future? :unsure:

Finally good to catch up with Matt Davis again; hope that you made it home in time for Peter Kay! B)

Finally good to catch up with Matt Davis again; hope that you made it home in time for Peter Kay! B)

Just - the old Transit van didnt let me down :D