British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Longtracker

British Speedway Under 15's Championship

i dont know the scores or who won .... but ....ive just got a text of kyle haworths dad ... and he got 3rd place

very very well done young man .. your a star in the making

Not sure if my soaking wet programme is correct or not as I was rushing about getting the lads out for their races in the right helmet colours etc!! ~It wasn't raining as such but a wet damp foggy day.

500cc : Jason Garrity 12 ; Scott Gibbons dnr, Jack Butler 4, Joe Jacobs 4, Cameron Hoskins 3, Kyle Howarth 10, Marc Owen 7 , Scott Day 2, John Resch 7, Jack Hirst 6, James Sergeant 10.

Championship : 1st -- Jason Garrity ; 2nd --- James Sergeant ; 3rd ---John Resch.

250cc : Jack Cornes 6, Daniel Sibson 2, Connor Dwyer 5, Nathan Stoneman DNR (Ill); Tyler Govier 5; Rhys Naylor 8 , Lloyd Barrett 7, Brendan Freemantle 7 , Daniel I'anson 8, Ben Morley 11.

Championship : 1st -- Rhys Naylor; 2nd -- Nathan Stoneman ; 3rd -- Ben Morley.

Well done to all the lads.

Like yours, my prog. is STILL soaking...!! :shock:

But I make it just slightly different in the 250s with Tyler Govier on 6 and Lloyd Barrett on 8.

Must differ regarding the result of heat three in that class which I marked down as a third place for Tyler ahead of Lloyd. I could easily be wrong!!! :wink:

An excellent afternoon's racing in pretty shocking conditions. The whole of Hi Edge was under the lowest of low clouds or heavy mist whatever they call it in the Peaks and it was that fine rain, which as Peter Kay points out, gets you soaked; so well done to ALL the lads for coping so well...!

I have to say that Jason Garrity was simply awesome. :approve: Where's he from and when he is 15..??!!! :unsure:

BTW, can anyone out there explain why there was a run-off for second place on the day in the 250s (Rhys beating Daniel I'anson) but not in the 500s even though the very promising indeed debutant Kyle Howarth and Jack S, were also tied on points (10 each)..?? :unsure:

But I make it just slightly different in the 250s with Tyler Govier on 6 and Lloyd Barrett on 8.

Must differ regarding the result of heat three in that class which I marked down as a third place for Tyler ahead of Lloyd. I could easily be wrong!!! :wink:

An excellent afternoon's racing in pretty shocking conditions. The whole of Hi Edge was under the lowest of low clouds or heavy mist whatever they call it in the Peaks and it was that fine rain, which as Peter Kay points out, gets you soaked; so well done to ALL the lads for coping so well...!

I have to say that Jason Garrity was simply awesome. :approve: Where's he from and when he is 15..??!!! :unsure:

BTW, can anyone out there explain why there was a run-off for second place on the day in the 250s (Rhys beating Daniel I'anson) but not in the 500s even though the very promising indeed debutant Kyle Howarth and Jack S, were also tied on points (10 each)..?? :unsure:

Don't know where Jason was born, but he will be fifteen on the 9th November.

On the last point no idea --we were awaiting whether or not from Graham Reeve but he said not.

I have ht 3 down as Lloyd third and Tyler fourth but could be wrong as I was then ensuring we had the correct riders in the correct helmet colours out for ht 4 of the 500's !! The boys were so keen that we had some going out for the wrong race at times early on until they waited for me or Cheesy to tell them !! Even had to run to the line to bring Lloyd back in ht 2 of the 250's when he was in ht 3 !!!

But an enjoyable day despite the drizzle and mist.

Looking forward now to next Sunday for the Hitmen v Dragons U-16 clash + a six heat six 'man' 250 mini-meeting.

Edited by Main Man

Don't know where Jason was born, but he will be fifteen on the 9th November.

Think it is Manchester but entirely sure --but what a promising young talent he is.

Jason is indeed from Manchester and rides regularly at Buxton and Belle Vue. Will have to wait and see where he rides next year :wink:

Jason is indeed from Manchester and rides regularly at Buxton and Belle Vue. Will have to wait and see where he rides next year

Hmm, well I know where I'd want him to ride if I were you Jayne!!! :wink:

Many thanx to all at Buxton for an excellent afternoon...: we had a torrid journey (stuck for yonks behind a tractor on the A6!!) and then got there to find Hi Edge surrounded by a deep mist. Had given up on there being any racing so it was literally like a desert wanderer coming across an oasis to see the bikes actually in action around your fabulous circuit..!! And no, it wasn't a mirage!! :lol:

How ironic that the same afternoon the youngsters who are Speedway's future were showing how to make light of difficult conditions, that others (who I feel so sorry for... :cry: ) from our 'family' of Speedway supporters had travelled to Germany for the absolute guarantee of a meeting going ahead INDOORS, only to find incredibly that meeting called off.. :mad:

Those who run the so-called GPs should hang their heads in shame; as for me, give me Buxton on a misty, drizzly October afternoon any time!!! :approve:

Congratulations to EVERYONE of the youngsters who took part.

Also to those who organised everything.

Thats the first U15's Final Ive missed in years.:oops:

However,Weymouth had a VERY important meeting to win the same day! :wink:

Edited by BobC

Congratulations to EVERYONE of the youngsters who took part.

Also to those who organised everything.

Thats the first U15's Final Ive missed in years.:oops:

However,Weymouth had a VERY important meeting to win the same day! :wink:

Yes I know Bob!! Wish I could have been in two places yesterday. May see you at the CL 4's next Sat ?

Yes I know Bob!! Wish I could have been in two places yesterday. May see you at the CL 4's next Sat ?

Not sure yet! By the time I get to see Poole vs Lakeside on Monday,it will be 8 meetings in 11 days.Need a few days rest to recover first. :wink:

If I do make it up there,its quite likely I will pop over to Buxton on the Sunday for your Junior meeting.

Be good to thank Jayne personally for her help earlier this season.

Not sure yet! By the time I get to see Poole vs Lakeside on Monday,it will be 8 meetings in 11 days.Need a few days rest to recover first. :wink:

If I do make it up there,its quite likely I will pop over to Buxton on the Sunday for your Junior meeting.

Be good to thank Jayne personally for her help earlier this season.

Now that sounds like a plan!! With Brendan riding Sunday you know it makes sense!!

Purely unofficial and relying on my rather addled brain and not top-notch maths, but this how I reckon the 500cc class panned out in the end..??!!

1st Jason GARRITY 14 16 14 18 48

2nd. James SARJEANT 11 18 12 16 46

3rd. John RESCH 18 14 11 11 43

4th. Joseph JACOBS 12 10 16 9 38

5th. = Marc OWEN 18 12 30

5th. = Jack HIRST 8 12 10 30

7th. Cameron HOSKINS 9 11 8 7 28

8th. Jack BUTLER 10 9 8 27

9th. Scott DAY 6 8 10 6 24

10th = DANIEL GREENWOOD 16 16

10th. =Scott GIBBONS 9 7 16

12th. Kyle HOWORTH 14 14

The score in italics is the one knocked off as the lowest (that's where a full house of four scores were obtained)

Couple of questions

1) young Kyle, is it Howarth (as in yesterday's prog.) or Haworth as people who know him have posted on here..?? :unsure:

2) Why were there last chance eliminators and 'Grand Finals' in rounds one and two but not in the final two rounds.. Seems very odd!! :blink:

3) Looking at the rules about ties for rostrum positions, I can see why it was deemed that James finished ahead of Kyle in second. But the same logic applied surely to the 250s so why was it decided to have a run-off there..??!! :shock:

Any footage of this meeting available anywhere?

Didn't see anyone filming it --and with the mist dropping at times it was getting hard to see the top bend anyway!!