British Speedway Forum

Looking at Conkers pictures to me the track don't look that bad. Obviously i'm not there but i've seen much worse raced on in the GP's this year :blink:

Will be interesting if any of the riders come out and give an opinion, but it won't be anyone looking for a nomination for next year if they want to appear in 2009 - just ask Hans Andersen :shock:

Just talked to Conkers and he told me the track was terrible,even though it doesn't quite come over on his photos.Like a "semolina pudding" he described it.Soft,but when you stand on it ,it goes hard.So no-one was happy with the track

I am gonna start one on which sport has the most whingers ... I can guess who will win :lol:

To be fair to speedway it was never a sport, when J Hoskins discovered dirt track racing it was a showground attraction. After today it may have been better to promote the bearded lady.

When I stood on the track it was very spongy, but if you kicked the surface it was very solid. It looks better in the photo than it actually was.

Just talked to Conkers and he told me the track was terrible,even though it doesn't quite come over on his photos.Like a "semolina pudding" he described it.Soft,but when you stand on it ,it goes hard.So no-one was happy with the track

Fair enough, obviously was worse than it looked to me then :rolleyes:

It's good to get an explanation from someone who was there who doesn't have an agenda - just an honest opinion :approve:

Fair enough, obviously was worse than it looked to me then :rolleyes:

It's good to get an explanation from someone who was there who doesn't have an agenda - just an honest opinion, Thank you :approve:

Amazing !!!!!!!!

Sky cameras are at track side in Germany ..... and yet not a single rider or organiser has been spoken to, only showing G.P's from earlier in the season.

Posting this from a very hot Germany, wont go into how my party is feeling as the comments could cause a ban :mad: :mad:

First and foremost i feel for every fan. How ever for the management of the series heads have to role...

The events off today show exactly why speedway is seen as a micky mouse sport. The so called biggest night in the seaon and they cock it up big style. May be the track was awful but they have had enough time to get it rght. The weather this week has been hot so plenty of time to get it dry and even order some more from tracks within Germany...or is that 2 simple. And for BSI to say the stadium is cold they have giant fan heaters at the Vetlins arena so more sh** from the promoters.

Where i am staying the locals have been talking about how few ticket have been sold and that the promotion would be loosing money! Interesting now they have the insurance and a full house next week they will make money! How they have managed to get it re-arranged for next week just today is very dodgy as hotels have been sold out for a week.

I hope it rains very very had and BSI are stuck as this GP series is ruining the sport i love.

What will the implications be regarding Sky?!

Will they show the one next week?

just said on sky it will be on next week, they will tell us which channel later in week :shock:

Yes it would be 'delete as appropriate to your feelings ' either Ironic or a pity or justice if next week in Poland it rains for a couple of days :lol:

I've read through all the above posts, and either taken onboard or scoffed at some of the conspiracy theories. I must admit to having a vision of the Danes soaking the shale on the barge when they heard Nicki was injured, lol [ only joking Wolverine, ] But seriously, it can only happen in speedway, what a farce. At least we will see a GP on a real track though instead of this most Mickey Mouse of all Mickey Mouse tracks. Last years GP was a snoozing borefest. I feel sorry for the fans that have spent money to go there but i wouldn't but thats their choice at the end of the day. I have never been to Cardiff either and dont intend to, id rather watch Conference League speedway than these false toy tracks. One thing that i find interesting though is the lack of any replays of this GP for the first time as if something was known a few days ago [ as others have pointed out ] plus the total lack of interviews and explanations from trackside from riders or officials. Maybe the situation is such an unbelievable embarrassing cock up that they cant actually FACE the cameras because the explanation would do speedway more harm in the credibility stakes than good. Speedway called off in warm dry weather in indoor stadium, astonishing.

Edited by Down in the Park

Speedway called off in warm dry weather in indoor stadium, astonishing.

You couldnt make it up - absolutely ridiculous.

Are they seriously trying to say that in a country the size of Germany they cant get local shale and it has to be imported ??

i say those who booked hotels and flights to germany go to the small claims court am sure when they send the reliavent papers to BSI and bsi`s reasons for postponing tonights meeting i see no reason for them to object to paying those unfortunate folks that took there own time and money to see what should have been a thrilling climax to the GP season , and for a comment reflecting the german GP organisers is a hefty fine & a 1 to 2 year ban on staging future GP`s !

Nicky Pedersen (Denmark) rings good old Uncle Ole (Denmark) to tell him he needs another week to get fit to stop that nasty Aussie Jason from taking his title.Easy says Uncle Ole........

Wide of the mark or close to home.

I think it might be the "Danish Connection" that Leigh Adams referred to after the Cardiff GP this year.