British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mike.Butler

Barry And Matt Etherington

Barry rode for Canterbury, I know he has a son that does grasstrack but for the life of me I can't remember his name ..... grassergirl will be your best bet :wink: or even sidecar 121 or Fd

Barry rode for Canterbury

Yep, twice in 1979, before moving on to Milton Keynes the following year.

Barry rode for Canterbury, I know he has a son that does grasstrack but for the life of me I can't remember his name ..... grassergirl will be your best bet :wink: or even sidecar 121 or Fd

Yep, twice in 1979, before moving on to Milton Keynes the following year.

Ok sorry rephrased ............. Barry rode 2nd halves at Canterbury and made two appearances for the Crusaders in 1979 before moving to Milton Keynes the following year :rolleyes:

Better Kev :approve:

Im sure there was a Russ Etherington who used to ride for Arena Essex Juniors when bodger was there back in the late 80s maybe he ws a relation aswell

Im sure there was a Russ Etherington who used to ride for Arena Essex

Indeed there is, born in Canterbury and represented Arena in 1989 and 1993.

If my memory is correct Barry Etherington's father ran a speedway and motorcycle business in Whitstable called Bikes Unlimited in the early seventies. Can anyone confirm this?

Im sure there was a Russ Etherington who used to ride for Arena Essex Juniors when bodger was there back in the late 80s maybe he ws a relation aswell

I'm sure Matt Etherington rode for Arena Essex at Newport once, would have been about 2000. I'm sure he was only classed as a CL guest for a missing number 7 though.