British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jw80487

2009 Fim Speedway Grand Prix Permanent Wild Cards And Rider Line-up Confirmed

Who else is there.....?

Rather see Harris get the spot than Zagar or Kasprzak. He is Britsh and he has won a GP. :rolleyes:

Who else is there?! :blink:

Chris Holder for one - he'd do better than 50% of the contenders, let alone Harris! ;)

Guest Ashie Smashy
Who else is there.....?

Rather see Harris get the spot than Zagar or Kasprzak. He is Britsh and he has won a GP. :rolleyes:

So the f**k what that he is British? He was not good enough in 2008. Yes he won a GP, the British GP in 2007 but that is all he as really done and on merit does NOT deserve a place in 2009, he was simply not good enough in 2008/

Edited by Ashie Smashy

The reason there are 2 Brits in the GP are for TV Reasons only..

Chris Harris does deffinately does not deserve to be there and is nothing better than an average Elite league rider.

It is a joke that Brits keep getting put back in the GP's when performing badly in previous years e.g Richardson,Harris..When the likes of Hans Andersen is taken out (few years ago) and was been riding hell of a lot better than harris! There are probably at least 10 better riders in the World than Harris.

Kennett & Woffinden - for crying out loud open your eyes..GP Material? I don't think so..what planet are you on!

Nicholls on the other hand I think does deserve this opportunity.

Some of you really need to open your eyes.

Pea.

Guest Ashie Smashy

Chris Harris does deffinately does not deserve to be there and is nothing better than an average Elite league rider.

It is a joke that Brits keep getting put back in the GP's when performing badly in previous years e.g Richardson,Harris..When the likes of Hans Andersen is taken out (few years ago) and was been riding hell of a lot better than harris! There are probably at least 10 better riders in the World than Harris.

Kennett & Woffinden - for crying out loud open your eyes..GP Material? I don't think so..what planet are you on!

Nicholls on the other hand I think does deserve this opportunity.

Some of you really need to open your eyes.

Pea.

I agree with you on the reasons that Harris is there, but I disagree on both Kennett and Woffinden. Kennett was way off the pace in the British GP and Woffinden I would like to see given a chance, but I suspect he will not be ready yet and maybe pushing him too soon will have a negative effect.

Why the hell does Nicholls get a place year on year?!

Last year he only got in 'cos he knocked Bomber off in the run-off, and he has gone about 65 GP's without a win!

He lacks commitment, and he will never win one due to the mental block he has developed. Bomber has had a disappointing year, but the talent he showed during '07 has not just disappeared. You don't pass Leigh Adams, Jason Crump & Greg Hancock in one race (that just happened to be the biggest of your life)if you don't have something a bit special.

Bomber deserves this year to try and prove himself, but Scott has been a failure year on year.

Why the hell does Nicholls get a place year on year?!

Last year he only got in 'cos he knocked Bomber off in the run-off, and he has gone about 65 GP's without a win!

Bomber deserves this year to try and prove himself, but Scott has been a failure year on year.

The only reason Chris Harris won the GP was because he has bigger b*lls than anyone and because he was very lucky! If you watch the GP again you will see that Hancock makes a mistake..and 'Bomber' wins!

I think the reason Scott is placed in the GP year after year as he is the best British rider..Who else would they put in? They have to put at least 1 Brit in for TV.

Pea.

Edited by pea

It's not about who's deserves a place or earns a place anymore though is it .................

Guest Ashie Smashy

Why? based off his results in a single GP? Apart from Cardiff he has failed to achieve in 2007 and 2008 and he has not looked like doing so, but Nichols as much as I admit to hate it as always been there or thereabouts points wise and despite what anyone says he is by and far the best British rider.

From a neutral point of view i think Nichols is a better rider than Harris . Chris is lucky to get another chance ( if you can being in the GP lucky) But the GP is still about 1/2dozen same contenders per meeting (if that) the rest are there just to make up the numbers and create a little bit of excitment same as Harris and Nichols. IMO Nicky will be champ again (injuries permitting). How many changes in the last couple of seasons for the top 8 spots not many(must check that one out). Its just a touring circus now and an OLE OLSEN closed shop.

Edited by Fromafar

You're half right. There'll always be 2 Brits to ensure the box office success off the British GP. Despite British League speedway's decline in importance, the British GP is still the biggest event in the World Championship calendar, and would not be so if no British riders were in the field.

I appreciate that this is not a thread about Bomber but are there any Bees fans out there wondering why he rarely aknowledges his fans when returning to the pits? A simple wave or smile would surely endear more of his fans towards him? :blink::rolleyes:

I'm saying nothing 'cos I get into trouble for criticising riders who don't bother to acknowledge the fans. Perhaps there is just something about Coventry that makes them turn into miserable sods. :P

Martin Rogers had the best idea and knew how to treat his supporters. If a Leicester rider won, or they got a 5-1, he used to stand by the pits gate and not let them in until they'd done a victory lap.

Firstly, where Zagar gone?

Secondly, I love Chris Harris but what the hell?

I thought Zagar had already been confirmed as a Wildcard.....and Harris hadn't got one.

Bomber can count himself lucky to get in the 2009 Series as he has been poor this year with only 2 semi-final places and only 11 race wins all season.

Nicholls deserved his, he has been around the top 8 and proved a hanful in many of the rounds and is by far the best British rider around today.

the 2 brit wild cards should have been Kennet and Woffinden!

Maybe in a few years time, but both not good enough to ride in the series at present.

Who else is there.....?

If it wasn't for the qualification of Walasek and Ulamek to join Gollob and Holta, I think the best rider not in the GP's is Jarek Hampel but they obviously didn't want 5 Poles. Bjarne Pedersen has been poor all season, but he is just as worthy as Bomber.

Chris Holder could do well, but he even said 2009 is too early for him.

Bomber would do well to finish in the top 12 next season and should be battling with Walasek and Ulamek at the bottom.

Emil, Freddie and Nicholls can all put up a challenge for a top 8 finish and it will be interesting if this is the final year for Adams and Hancock

Think they should keep the top 10 each year, have 2 qualify and 3 wild cards.

Those that say that Kennett and Woofinden should be in are really only wearing hearts on their sleeves and I applaude you for that. We all have our favourites and support them all the way.

Fisher for the GP's :D