British Speedway Forum

:mad: :angry: COVENTRY, LONDON, BRISTOL, SOUTHAMPTON, PLYMOUTH - No, I'm not talking of their speedway teams, I'm talking of them as cities devastated by the Luftwaffe. Bomber Command lost the highest numbers of men in percentage terms than any of the other branches of the armed forces. Bomber Harris had a job to do which neither he, nor any other right-minded person would have relished doing, not least of all, knowingly sending so very many crews potentially to their deaths. There was a job to do, without which neither you nor I might ever have seen the light of day. Somebody had to do it. What he didn't do was to send without just cause, millions to concentration and extermination camps because of their political views, their religion or ethnicity. I am surprised that someone of your age (only 3 years younger than myself) should express such views that are distorted and not within the appropriate context, either in relation to Chris Harris, nor indeed, on the day that fell between Remembrance Sunday and the actual 90th Anniversary of Armistice Day. Shame on you.

the young folk havent a clue were this comes from anyway.

when mentioned this to my misses (for she is young) she thought the nickname was how he went round the oputside do fast! my kids similarly had a clue.

even guys at work with the name are called bomber.....

who gives a monkies history is written by the victorious side, doesnt mesan the history you read is correct!

This post is absolutely ludicrous. Nicholls is a pussycat compared to some others. As for being a bully, why should he take the likes of Dryml in this years GP and Andersen in the World Cup a few years back blatently trying to fence him, would you accept it, I doubt it. He has every right to have some 'handbags' or not shake the guys hand, why the hell should he, would you? Scott has always been a good team man, but when it comes to the GP its each man for himself.

Shows what you know. :lol:

Have a word with some of the guys that ride with him. That will tell you something believe me. :wink:

if you are serious with your quote spill the beans or stop dragging his name down,im not really a scott fan but the one thing i thought was that he is a team man through and through.

if you are serious with your quote spill the beans or stop dragging his name down,im not really a scott fan but the one thing i thought was that he is a team man through and through.
Surely every man and his dog who attended a speedway meeting this year knows Scott has issues with Bomber.

People are going on that Nicholls has issues with Bomber and andersen, how about if Bomber and Andersen actually have issues with Scott. Why is it always Scott;s fault? I have known Scott for many years and yes of course in any sport there are always going to be other riders you dont get on with, the same as us normal people dont sometimes get on with other people at our place of work. I may be slightly biased, but from all of the riders I have ever met, he is one of the most friendly and approachable rdiers you are ever likely to meet. Stop disecting the guys personality, there are many many more ignorant, arrogant and down right dangerous riders out there than Scott Nicholls.

I can only agree with the above post, Coventry in the 1st half of the season had no leadership in my opinion and when heads dropped i just dont think bomber has the personality to lift others when he was going through a bad spell himself.

As for the problems between Scott and Bomber is that they are both to blame and should get there heads banged together and put this childish act behind them.They are our top 2 guys and its no example to be setting to youngsters in speedway and those who watch speedway.