British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bryn

Stra At Rye House

Congratulations to all who took part yesterday and also a big pat on the back to Len Silver and his staff for getting the track in condition for racing after, quite obviously, much rain rain had fallen overnight.

35 riders plus two juniors in the Youth 250cc class took part and we witnessed a total of 50 heats.

Results were as follows:

NOVICE CLASS

1. Mark Baldock

2. Sam Howett

3. Mark Bishop

4. Richard Lewin

SUPPORT CLASS

1. Ian Olson

2. Ben Holloway

3. Richard Cawthorne

4. Sam Woods

OPEN/INTERMEDIATE CLASS:

1. Rhys Naylor

2. Oliver Gay

3. Chris Widman

4. Jim Wannell

Congratulations to all who took part yesterday and also a big pat on the back to Len Silver and his staff for getting the track in condition for racing after, quite obviously, much rain rain had fallen overnight.

35 riders plus two juniors in the Youth 250cc class took part and we witnessed a total of 50 heats.

Results were as follows:

NOVICE CLASS

1. Mark Baldock

2. Sam Howett

3. Mark Bishop

4. Richard Lewin

SUPPORT CLASS

1. Ian Olson

2. Ben Holloway

3. Richard Cawthorne

4. Sam Woods

OPEN/INTERMEDIATE CLASS:

1. Rhys Naylor

2. Oliver Gay

3. Chris Widman

4. Jim Wannell

50 heats! :shock:

Did they have the chippy open and when is the next one?

Shame I did not know - had to spend time watching those bloody footie matches.

Could have been worse, .. .....someone mention decorating :lol:

50 heats! :shock:

Did they have the chippy open and when is the next one?

Firstly, much to the huge relief of my chauffeur BFC, refreshments were available from a wagon and consequently he demolished his usual quota of three hot dogs and two hamburgers! :wink::lol:

Yesterday's event was the last STRA meeting as such for 2008 although there is a further practice session planned. Full details can be obtained from:

http://www.southerntrackriders.co.uk/home.shtml

Bryn

I know you'e one who always argues things should be in their right place on this 'ere Forum, Bryn, so surely this thread should be with all the other amateur/training meetings in:

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/ind...hp?showforum=12

:unsure::rolleyes:

On that subject (ie of amateur meetings and of being in the correct section :wink: ) check out there for details of Sittingbourne (Iwade) winter events/sessions including a Dragons Meeting this coming Sunday 16th. Nov. 11am start. :approve:

I know you'e one who always argues things should be in their right place on this 'ere Forum, Bryn, so surely this thread should be with all the other amateur/training meetings in:

I prefer to leave such things in the capable hands of the moderators instead of relying on your advice Parsnips old fruit! No doubt said moderators, who do an excellent and largely unpraised and under-praised job, will move this thread if they feel it nnecessary! :rolleyes:

Parsloes, I thought were you are against the moving of topics from one section to another. :rolleyes::wink:

All the best

Rob

Parsloes, I thought were you are against the moving of topics from one section to another. :rolleyes::wink:

All the best

Rob

Er, no.

There's a section called Conference League and in there, it seems to me, is the best place to discuss subjects like the CLRC, Conference Fours, Pairs etc.

But no, the Mods ALWAYS move within minutes any thread opened on those subjects to this "Testimonials & Indivdual" etc. section!! :shock:

However, there is also a Training & Amateur section and it is clear that STRA (just like Dragons club and Scunny Winter Championship etc.) meetings are appropriate to be discussed in THAT thread...

Ditto indeed with Grasstrack.. (but the Bonfire one has remained here for a couple of weeks now)

Funny how, in reality, the ONLY threads Mods rush to move are the ones relating to the Conference!!! :rolleyes:

Er, no.

There's a section called Conference League and in there, it seems to me, is the best place to discuss subjects like the CLRC, Conference Fours, Pairs etc.

But no, the Mods ALWAYS move within minutes any thread opened on those subjects to this "Testimonials & Indivdual" etc. section!!

However, there is also a Training & Amateur section and it is clear that STRA (just like Dragons club and Scunny Winter Championship etc.) meetings are appropriate to be discussed in THAT thread...

Ditto indeed with Grasstrack.. (but the Bonfire one has remained here for a couple of weeks now)

Funny how, in reality, the ONLY threads Mods rush to move are the ones relating to the Conference!!!

Hope that bee in your bonnet doesn't sting your bonce too much Parsnips old fruit! :rolleyes: As I said earlier, I'm sure the moderators will move this thread if they feel it necessary to do so and, should that prove to be the case I apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused.

Meanwhile perhaps the rest of us can get back to what happened during the course of an excellent afternoon's action at Hoddesdon! ;)

Er, no.

But no, the Mods ALWAYS move within minutes any thread opened on those subjects to this "Testimonials & Indivdual" etc. section!! :shock:

Funny how, in reality, the ONLY threads Mods rush to move are the ones relating to the Conference!!! :rolleyes:

I don,t think the forum members in general look in the amateur threads , so if this meeting had been Advertised on a general forum a few more spectators may have turned up at the event . For those of you who have not been to an amateur meeting whether it be scunny summer champs or an stra or dragons meeting you are missing out on 40 plus races ,With riders of varying ability from raw novice to conference standard . each and every one of them going as fast as their age/ability will allow progams are usually available fronm the organisers for nothing or a small donation to keep you in touch with who's doing what , you will be made welcome by the friendliest bunch of people you could ever wish to meet and have an afternoons entertainment for free, you may even catch a glimpse of a future world champion or past master.

Meanwhile perhaps the rest of us can get back to what happened during the course of an excellent afternoon's action at Hoddesdon! ;)

Bryn, you'll be lucky now that Parsloes has got his soapbox out. :wink::lol:

All the best

Rob

This proves my point that Speedway in any shape or form is not advertised outside of the speedway circus, if we'd have know this was on we'd have gone along, how can you run 50 heats, speedway struggles to run 15 in a league/cup match.

This proves my point that Speedway in any shape or form is not advertised outside of the speedway circus, if we'd have know this was on we'd have gone along, how can you run 50 heats, speedway struggles to run 15 in a league/cup match.

I think we should get things absolutely straight 'Deano4265' and that is that the Southern Track Riders Association is designed for the specific benefit of it's members and, as stated on the home page of the association's website "prides itself on offering track time to members who otherwise may not be given the opportunity to enjoy the "Speedway experience". It WAS not set up, nor is designed for the benefit of spectators and has never claimed to be.

Edited by Bryn

Here's a link to the Open / Intermediate Final (Heat 49) from sunday the clip starts to play after about 8 seconds so be patient while it loads:

http://www.v2vangling.co.uk/strafinal091108.html

Well done to young Rhys Naylor great pass in the final and well done to Chris Widman who was faultless in the four qualifying races. The way Rhys and Chris had ridden I thought Oli might get 3rd at best so he wasn't unhappy with 2nd in the end.

Brian Gay

I think we should get things absolutely straight 'Deano4265' and that is that the Southern Track Riders Association is designed for the specific benefit of it's members and, as stated on the home page of the association's website "prides itself on offering track time to members who otherwise may not be given the opportunity to enjoy the "Speedway experience". It WAS not set up, nor is designed for the benefit of spectators and has never claimed to be.
Don't see the point then of you posting anything about it on here if we're not allowed to go along :cry: