British Speedway Forum
Mariusz Dubi

League Averages 2008

Mariusz there are no bonus points in Sweden. they removed that a few years ago.

Edited by Ghostwalker

... but last year I found Swedish averages with the bonus-points! Why didn't make it?

... but last year I found Swedish averages with the bonus-points! Why didn't make it?

2005 was the latest season bonus points was used. I know sportowefakty have statistics but it lookes like they stopped updating it after 2/3s of the season.

If British promoters read this, at their annual conference in Spain at the moment, calculators will be working overtime to see how much money they can save ...

In the Elite League alone, there were over 1,500 bonus points in 2008, at an average of say 80 UK pounds per point = A LOT OF MONEY!!

But then no doubt the riders - especially second-strings - would expect a pay rise.

I believe that Poland does not pay for a bonus point if the opposition rider fails to finish the race?

If British promoters read this, at their annual conference in Spain at the moment, calculators will be working overtime to see how much money they can save ...

In the Elite League alone, there were over 1,500 bonus points in 2008, at an average of say 80 UK pounds per point = A LOT OF MONEY!!

But then no doubt the riders - especially second-strings - would expect a pay rise.

I believe that Poland does not pay for a bonus point if the opposition rider fails to finish the race?

i was a bit unclear, the official statistics of bonus point doesnt exist any longer however i think riders are still getting paid for bonus points.

i was a bit unclear, the official statistics of bonus point doesnt exist any longer however i think riders are still getting paid for bonus points.

Thanks, Ghostwalker. Couldn't imagine team events without the riders getting paid for team riding.

The other problem is that the averages listed on 'speedway.nu' whilst being the official ones used for team building, are factored averages rather than real ones. If I'm not mistaken, the starting average (Ingångssnitt) has a bearing on the final average unless a rider competes in all 18 matches.

I've never understood why team speedway isn't scored on the basis of the opposition riders beaten, rather than simply 3-2-1-0. Then there would be no need for bonus points, and you wouldn't have the nonsense of a team scoring a point for not doing anything except finishing a race. :unsure: