British Speedway Forum
SteveEvans

Billy Hamill Farewell - Wolverhampton 22 March

Billy was undeniably slow, but I believe it was in part due to the fact that he didn't want a silly fall. The Mrs. would never have forgiven him if he'd gone home in plaster. :lol: Ronnie looked very good, and would certainly do a job at reserve for Wolves. An average around 4½-5 is lot more than Stichauer appears capable of after the couple of meetings he's had. Sam was still pretty quick too, and he stayed on!! :shock::P

Billy was undeniably slow, but I believe it was in part due to the fact that he didn't want a silly fall. The Mrs. would never have forgiven him if he'd gone home in plaster. :lol: Ronnie looked very good, and would certainly do a job at reserve for Wolves. An average around 4½-5 is lot more than Stichauer appears capable of after the couple of meetings he's had. Sam was still pretty quick too, and he stayed on!! :shock::P

Agree on everything there 21st.

I commented, that if we were run by the Poole promoters, they would have been offering Correy a contract after his first race and sending Stichaeur on his way.

And since I'm talking about the Brummies number one it should be documented that he did unbelievably well to turn left on the straight to miss Ryan when he had an engine failure, but not so far left that he collected Ricky who was level with him at the time. Lightening reactions by Lyons and kept a cool head for that vital spilt second. Well done Jason.

Hear, hear. Much remarked upon on our bit of terrace, too.

Thanks for all the great comments on this meeting. Gutted I couldn't be there.

Best of luck to Billy the Bullet and thanks for the memories! :)

Brilliant meeting, great crowd, great company and great racing, need I say more?!!

Hell yeah - Fish nearly beat Crumpy!!!!!!!!!!! I was screaming so loud (as usual!!) what a fantastic race and my highlight of the day.

Billy Hamill has been one of my favourite riders since he came to the UK and I'm gutted that he has finally called it a day.

Good luck Billy whatever the future brings and Thank you for so many wonderful memories of your time in the UK.

Any bees fans that went it would be great to see what you made of Wells, from the score it looks as though he did well.

Tight track suits him at the moment, he looked quite fast and was certainly competitive. He really does need to get his gating sorted out though, he was always playing catch up after some pretty poor starts, all in all though I reckon he looks a fair prospect.

Tight track suits him at the moment, he looked quite fast and was certainly competitive. He really does need to get his gating sorted out though, he was always playing catch up after some pretty poor starts, all in all though I reckon he looks a fair prospect.

The EL is full of tight tracks - Monmore, Kirky Lane, Arlington & Purfleet. Foxhall isn't much bigger. Brandon & Wimb. Rd are what I'd term mid-sized tracks. Only Blunsdon & EoES are 'big'.

The EL is full of tight tracks - Monmore, Kirky Lane, Arlington & Purfleet. Foxhall isn't much bigger. Brandon & Wimb. Rd are what I'd term mid-sized tracks. Only Blunsdon & EoES are 'big'.

Like i've been saying all along Col, Ricky will be fine in this league once he get's the all clear.

I've had to rise above some pretty crass comments for even suggesting it.

These people don't like it back though.

btw , cheers for the directions mate.

Edited by colincooke

Any photos from the day avaliable?

Any photos from the day avaliable?

Try HERE

They are photo's on Ola Lindholms (NO FEAR PHOTOGRAPHY) facebook page.

Brilliant :lol:

Sandie you always come up trumps! Thank you.