British Speedway Forum
SteveEvans

Billy Hamill Farewell - Wolverhampton 22 March

Just a lil off the main subject, but I have often wondered why there is not a 'senior tour' in speedway, like in golf. A rider who retires is often hanging it up either because they dont want the rigors of a full season or they are not signed by a team (Les & Neil Collins, Paul Thorp).

Maybe a 12 round touring GP-esque series would go down well with fans? Take in UK and Europe, I'm sure it would be very popular. Because of the small sized tracks riders in American race to much older agaes, and whilst over 40 or 50 riders may not be competitive in European leagues, I am sure they could put on a show against each other.

An unnoficial Golden Greats mini GP. Great idea Steve, and would love to see it run prior to GP's on a Friday night with riders like Trick, Billy, 'Mando Castagna, Bo Brehl etc and Andy Smith who'd qualify via the Golden Greats challenge. ;)

Steve - To be fair to the UK fans you should really add Belle Vue and Oxford to your signature if you're going to name clubs. Billy was very popular in his short time at those clubs too.

Happy to oblige.

No, sadly, Lee Complin (I think) broke it recently. It did stand for a decade though.

*edit* Cheers Steve. Although Cradley should clearly be underlined and in bold. I'm sure Billy would confirm this. :lol::P

Edited by 21st century heathen

No, sadly, Lee Complin (I think) broke it recently. It did stand for a decade though.

*edit* Cheers Steve. Although Cradley should clearly be underlined and in bold. I'm sure Billy would confirm this. :lol::P

Although Billy has been quoted that he enjoyed his time at Wolves more than any other time in his career! :)

Adams and must have been close and been in the top 3 when at Oxford, Poole and then Swindon but I think he was only number 1 at Swindon.

I'd love it to be a Cradley vs Wolves meeting. Heard all about them, never experienced it myself.

Imagine World War 3..............................................................

IM A CRADLEY FAN WHO AS BEEN GOING TO THE WOLVES FOR A GOOD FEW YEARS SINCE THE DEMISE OF THE HEATHENS. I STILL DONT KNOW WHETHER TO BOO OR CHEER THE WOLVES BUT A WOLVES V CRADLEY MATCH WOULD BE GREAT.

If you're a Cradley fan, there really is only one answer.................................................. ;)

I agree with that, we've all seen them had dodgy fiddled races, lets see them show they can still do it :)

Just as long as Billy doesn't use Sam's pushbar to get a tow :shock::lol:

Just a lil off the main subject, but I have often wondered why there is not a 'senior tour' in speedway, like in golf. A rider who retires is often hanging it up either because they dont want the rigors of a full season or they are not signed by a team (Les & Neil Collins, Paul Thorp).

Maybe a 12 round touring GP-esque series would go down well with fans? Take in UK and Europe, I'm sure it would be very popular. Because of the small sized tracks riders in American race to much older agaes, and whilst over 40 or 50 riders may not be competitive in European leagues, I am sure they could put on a show against each other.

Great idea :approve:

Imagine World War 3..............................................................

with motorcylces. :lol:

If you're a Cradley fan, there really is only one answer..................................................

You say that, but last season I cheered Wolves...to defeat!! :approve:

Just as long as Billy doesn't use Sam's pushbar to get a tow

Never happened!! :unsure::D

Whereas I enjoy looking back over the Dudley/Wolves Trophy results. Y'know, Wolves only won it 4 times in my lifetime. Just thought I'd throw that one out there. :approve::wink:

Just as long as Billy doesn't use Sam's pushbar to get a tow

with motorcylces. :lol

Never happened!! :unsure::D

Believe it or not me and the man himself have discussed this incident over many a Corrs Light over the last few years. We even thought of recreating the pushbar grab at the farewell but we're not sure how Sam might feel...

with motorcylces. :lol:

I like that idea :D

We even thought of recreating the pushbar grab at the farewell but we're not sure how Sam might feel...

Who cares?! He's only a dirty dog. :P

(said with love and respect for a Wolves hero :unsure::D;))

I like that idea

Gets the adrenalin flowing. :approve: