British Speedway Forum
tomhaines

SGP 2004 Calendar Announced

I will be coming over next year for about 4-5 weeks. Cardiff & Copenhagen for sure ;-)

My question is Sweden or Slovenia - which one would you pick?

I know Sweden is expensive but don't know to much about Slovenia.

Id go for Stockholm for sure Ozyace, it is expensive for alcohol but stockholm is a beautiful cosmopolitan city, the transport system is excellent as is the restaurants etc and the swedes are all welcoming. Slovenia is pretty, but its very isolated and there is no transport system. I thought the atmosphere at the GP was better in stockholm too ;-)

Have to say I was surprised to read of the possibilty of 2 German GP's on the calender next year, I thought Poland would definitely have 2. I am aiming (wishing more like!) to go to Cardiff, Copenhagen, Prague, and Bydgoszcz next year -especially as I won't be going to Norway :-(

Ohhh the possibilities!!! How is a girl supposed to choose? Me thinks that a trip to cardiff is def on for next year and then Prague (with my free ticket from John Poshbloke!). Lets hope that Scotty gets his first win in front of his home crowd - how fab would that be!!!!!

Two GP's in GB would be fab but i have no idea where they would stage the second. Somewhere up North would be nice but you have to juggle the dodgy weather!

What about Lee Richardson with a wild card entry? 1st & 2nd then!!!!!

What about Lee Richardson with a wild card entry? 1st & 2nd then!!!!!

That would make for a good meeting! Lets hope that Lee can fair slightly better than this year - he's definately had his share of bad luck but with some moments of genius thrown in!

I suppose asking for Mark Loram to finish 3rd would be a bit much?

Am I the only one who had visions of sultry speedway riders, kit half on half off, posing beside bikes and competing for the title of Miss err Mr January?

I am? Ooops :oops:

Its an idea though.... :lol:

Am I the only one who had visions of sultry speedway riders, kit half on half off, posing beside bikes and competing for the title of Miss err Mr January?

I am?  Ooops  :oops:  

Its an idea though....  :lol:

err NOOOOOO! ;-)

Lioness - if you're off to Sheffield on Sunday, Im gonna have to meet you - we can discuss the finer points of the competition for Mr January!!

Hoping to be there Racquelle, be nice to meet you if I am! Sounds like there good be quite a few 'forumers' there

No point in discussing Mr January with me though.....I've got tunnel vision ;-) :twisted:

Hoping to be there Racquelle, be nice to meet you if I am! Sounds like there good be quite a few 'forumers' there

I'll be on first bend shouting for Gary Stead (dont ask why). Hope to see you there! ;)

I am?  Ooops  :oops:  

Its an idea though....  :lol:

Funnily enough Lioness there have been Speedway page 3 fellas...well page 7 actually...as I've just found them in my scrapbook. I can't think why I kept these cuttings from 1985, but there is one of John Davis and another of Andy Campbell (who you've probably never heard of). Both are sitting on their Speedway bike and are stripped down to their underpants. :P

Sadly I have also come across cuttings of the Billy Sanders tragedy (1985) and Kenny Carter (1986). Makes very depressing reading and such an awful waste of their lives. :-(

Ive got a lovelly photo of a shirtless bruce penhall from tv times circa 1980.

Im deffinately up for a return visit to cardiff and id like to go back to stockholm or gothenburg

Mmmm...I've got quite a few of Bruce Penhall shirtless, but I don't like to mention his name because it encourages comments - - - - allegedly. :lol:

Funnily enough Lioness there have been Speedway page 3 fellas...well page 7 actually...as I've just found them in my scrapbook.

Bring 'em back I say....starting with the ones who have recently turned 40 :shock:

One of these days Gem I am going to persuade you to bring your scrap books along to a meeting when I get down to Brandon and I can have a good rummage through :)