British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Leszno Gp-flight To Poznan

Im looking to fly to Poznan with Wizzair out of Luton-im worried whether by next May they will be still in business.I suppose if i pay by credit card im covered for any losses.Anyone with views or suggestions ?

Im looking to fly to Poznan with Wizzair out of Luton-im worried whether by next May they will be still in business.

I don't claim any inside knowledge with respect to Wizzair, but I'm not sure I'd take a chance that far ahead with any budget airline at the moment - even if the airline survives, the route may not. In fact, I suspect a few of the more traditional airlines may not be around for much longer either.

I don't claim any inside knowledge with respect to Wizzair, but I'm not sure I'd take a chance that far ahead with any budget airline at the moment - even if the airline survives, the route may not. In fact, I suspect a few of the more traditional airlines may not be around for much longer either.

They won't survive if everyone stops booking in advance. As the OP has said if they book it on their credit card they are covered. Go for it mate, Wizz are a cracking little airline.

They won't survive if everyone stops booking in advance. As the OP has said if they book it on their credit card they are covered. Go for it mate, Wizz are a cracking little airline.

The problem with Wizzair are that the pilots must be taught to belly-flop the aircraft onto the runway !

:rolleyes:

Im looking to fly to Poznan with Wizzair out of Luton-im worried whether by next May they will be still in business.I suppose if i pay by credit card im covered for any losses.Anyone with views or suggestions ?
If you book your flight with a credit card please make sure that your flight transaction for 1 ticket exceeds £100.under most credit card terms clause 75 states.Only transactions over £100 will be covered.I don"t know if a booking of say 2 @ £50 tickets booked on the same credit transaction will count, as they may treat it as 2 bookings.at£50 per booking.and therefore not eligable for a refund.

Hope this is of some help

Wizzair are expanding their routes still and are still making the right noises about the future:

Central and Eastern Europe’s largest low cost airline Wizz Air has announced that it will expand its Hungarian operations by operating a new Airbus A320 aircraft to increase passenger capacity, and adding new routes from its Budapest base from April 2009.

The new Airbus A320 will be Wizz Air’s third operating aircraft from Budapest Airport. The Airbus’ additional capacity will be put to good use helping increase the frequency of flights on the current network, opening new routes to Madrid and Naples airports, and re-launching routes to Barcelona and Oslo Torp airports. Wizz Air’s capacity will increase by 30% in 2009 as a result, compared to like-for-like figures in 2008.

Jozsef Varadi, Chief Executive Officer of Wizz Air commented: "Wizz Air's expansion in Budapest provides travellers with more low cost travel options. Given the downturn in world's economy, this is what people need more than ever. By expecting further consolidation in our markets as soon as this winter, Wizz Air also stands ready to take over passengers from airlines that might fail in their uphill financial battle. Now Wizz Air is offering flights from Budapest to 16 all year round European destinations, from Norway to Spain, from the UK to Italy. Our summer holiday routes for 2009 will come on top shortly."

Over the next year, Wizz Air plans to fly some one million passengers in and out of Hungary – that’s 30% more than 2008 figures. The airline will operate 72 weekly flights, covering 15 Hungarian routes by April 2009.

I spoke recently to a friend in the industry and he believed Wizzair were in a better position then Easyjet.

I spoke recently to a friend in the industry and he believed Wizzair were in a better position then Easyjet.

Thats because they are financed in Eastern Europe. Easyjet are under the British economy.

No airline is 100% safe but so long as you are backed up with insurance, whether it be personal / travel or credit card then you need to go for it.

You cant stand still waiting for what 'might happen'. If you (we ) did that then none of us would ever do anything.

Live a litlle :lol::wink:

Wizzair are expanding their routes still and are still making the right noises about the future

Every airline does until they go bankrupt, and it's often over-expansion that's the cause of it. :rolleyes:

Over the next year, Wizz Air plans to fly some one million passengers in and out of Hungary – that’s 30% more than 2008 figures.

Plans are one thing, reality is another. Why is Budapest Airport currently laying off huge numbers of workers if they expect passenger numbers to increase?

Thats because they are financed in Eastern Europe. Easyjet are under the British economy.

Not really. Nearly all airlines are ultimately owned by American or British venture capitalists, as indeed Wizzair is. Varadi (any relation to Imre of Sheffield Wednesday fame?) is just the frontman.

Edited by Humphrey Appleby