British Speedway Forum
ficklefan

Australian Solo Title

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm touch of sour Grapes from Mr Holder ...see quote from Speedway World .....

"Leigh knows he can ride any sort of track. He just rides really well over here. He’s not riding on second-hand equipment. He’s riding all his best stuff and just does the job."

Face it Chris you met MORE than your match !

Lucky

Selective in printing all that he said, I note.

You really are a sad individual.

No sour grapes from Chris at all if you read the whole article:

CHRIS Holder has admitted Leigh Adams is the “leader of the pack” after he cleaned up convincingly in the Australian Championships.

The Pirates star had to settle for third place in the final round at Adelaide on Saturday, but it was enough to clinch him second spot overall behind Adams.

Adams has now won a record-breaking 10 national titles, and Holder, who had been the defending champion, said: “I was happy with the overall result because it was always going to be tough to beat Leigh.

“He was flying from the first round. If I got second that was pretty much the best I could do.

“I had to beat Rory Schlein, who was only a couple of points behind me going into the last round. I had to beat him and make sure no-one else beat me as well.

“When I’d got to the final in Adelaide, Leigh had already won the title anyway. So it was just trying to stay in second place.”

Asked if it was just a case of holding your hands up to Adams and admitting he was too good, Holder said: “Pretty much.

“Leigh was on fire. He was easily the best rider. I was just happy I was the next one behind him.

“He’s so dominant in Aussie because he’s done quite a few laps over the years! He’s at home and a bit more relaxed.

“Leigh knows he can ride any sort of track. He just rides really well over here. He’s not riding on second-hand equipment. He’s riding all his best stuff and just does the job.”

Poole Castle Cover’s star, speaking from Down Under, added: “Leigh has become the most well-known rider in Aussie and everyone seems to like him. He takes the time and effort to come back and ride and he has done it for years.

“To win 10 Aussie titles is an awesome achievement and everyone looks up to him.

“He’s pretty committed to coming back here and puts a lot back into Australian speedway.”

Holder went his closest to beating Adams in the three-round series when he led him for almost three laps in heat 18 at Adelaide.

But Adams got past and then reeled off his 18th victory in 18 races in the final when he was followed home by Troy Batchelor, Holder and Davey Watt.

SO Sorry Pollyanna , Here was me thinking this was a FORUM , Where EVERYBODY can have their say , Obviously not ...................

Still won`t lose any sleep over your Rant

Stupid Person ........ there you go all square with insults :-)

Lucky

SO Sorry Pollyanna , Here was me thinking this was a FORUM , Where EVERYBODY can have their say , Obviously not ...................

Still won`t lose any sleep over your Rant

Stupid Person ........ there you go all square with insults :-)

Lucky

Touchez!

Q.E.D.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm touch of sour Grapes from Mr Holder ...see quote from Speedway World .....

"Leigh knows he can ride any sort of track. He just rides really well over here. He’s not riding on second-hand equipment. He’s riding all his best stuff and just does the job."

Face it Chris you met MORE than your match !

Lucky

Of course Holder realises what he was up against, at the moment he isn't a match for Leigh in Aus, with his vast experience and tip top equipment! IF all goes well for him in his career and there was any way to match him up with Leigh (as he's riding now) in about 13 years time then may be it would be a different story, unfortunately there's no way that can happen ........ shame eh?!

10 times champion Leigh Adams was interviewed on Radio Fremantle today (Saturday). The archive is available for 7 days.

To listen go to www.radiofremantle.com, then select program archives, then go to Saturday and click on 1100.

Interview starts about 24 minutes in.

Edited by ficklefan