British Speedway Forum

I wish i could've got down for this but i'm not paid until monday, hope its a good one for David!

I hope David has a great meeting tonight.

I'm gutted I can't make it down but I'm working tonight :(

I hope David has a great meeting tonight.

I'm gutted I can't make it down but I'm working tonight :(

Sadly I can't be there tonight either - oh for the ability to be in three places at once! :rolleyes: Hope all goes well for my mate "Victor" as I'm sure everyone does. Had some great times with him out in Oz on the "Young Lions" tour and will cherish memories from there - like him in the Blue Room with the 'Prince of Port Adelaide' AND witnessing him cuddling a Koala - he WAS sober at the time, honestly he was! :wink:

What's weather like on Border at moment :unsure:

Its brightened up a little bit but still cloudy,no threat of rain so no problems for later.

According to BSPA:

1. Ritchie Hawkins

2. Michal Makovsky

3. James Wright

4. Shane Parker

Anyone got the full result?

According to BSPA:

1. Ritchie Hawkins

2. Michal Makovsky

3. James Wright

4. Shane Parker

Anyone got the full result?

That was the winner of the £1000 race....

From what I can remember:

Michal until the final had only dropped a point to Pepe... Pepe went out in the Semi final after bringing Michal down (really.. I thought it should have been all 4 back).. James Wright had went unbeaten until he got to the final.... Hawkins had 5 points to make the semi.. Pepes exclusion helped Hawkins get to the final in my opinion..

Gino scored 2 points

Andreas Bergstrom got 1

Jason King, who also made the Semi-Finals, got 5 points...

And I can't rememebr the rest... :unsure:

Great shame that there is this one fault (o.k. a minor one) with the "new" Berwick, Great track. all improved. good team. But NO Updates (either on Update site..though some matches have been) & nothing on Official site, as formerly. I hope either Site puts up more regular Updates soon!!

Glad Maldrum Meet went well!! Sadly I have not yet been able to take my regular seat at Shielfied yet...but soon.....

Oh, and forgot to add this.... Was very pleasing to see how sharp Banger Bentley in particular was... Lightning at the gate... Never changed :approve:

That was the winner of the £1000 race....

From what I can remember:

Michal until the final had only dropped a point to Pepe... Pepe went out in the Semi final after bringing Michal down (really.. I thought it should have been all 4 back).. James Wright had went unbeaten until he got to the final.... Hawkins had 5 points to make the semi.. Pepes exclusion helped Hawkins get to the final in my opinion..

Gino scored 2 points

Andreas Bergstrom got 1

Jason King, who also made the Semi-Finals, got 5 points...

And I can't rememebr the rest... :unsure:

No programme?

No programme?

Katy's got it... and she's on nightshift now :neutral:

Great shame that there is this one fault (o.k. a minor one) with the "new" Berwick, Great track. all improved. good team. But NO Updates (either on Update site..though some matches have been) & nothing on Official site, as formerly. I hope either Site puts up more regular Updates soon!!

We try to make sure EVERY meeting is covered. It's not for the want of trying, just a lack of people willing to text it seems

Glad Maldrum Meet went well!! Sadly I have not yet been able to take my regular seat at Shielfied yet...but soon.....

I think everyone is turning up to see it in person judging by the crowds!

Decent meeting,not a big fan of individual meetings but at £10 it was good value.Never saw young Hawkins as a prospective winner giving his score in the qualifiers but rode well in semi-final one to make the final where he made the gate and that was that.Wright look a stick on winner going through untroubled in the qualifiers,Parker,Franc and Makovsky looked good to but all of them had to give best to Hawkins.

The older riders looked good to,Moggo looked as he had never been away along with Bentley.This part of the meeting however was marred by a crash involving Meldrum,Grant snr and Hogg,the result of which left Grant with a broken collar bone but Grant being Grant didnt bother with ambulances or first aid,intead he said he would head off to the after meeting party before seeking a hospital.

Guest thetiger2799

Well after watching "The Black Cats" defeat Hull, I decided to take in this meeting on the way home....

...Being a Livi fan I am used to crowds of 1000 people, and home in my recliner 10 mins after the final whistle. So on my first Premiership experience I was shocked to learn that at half 5 I was still in the stadium. Time I got to car out the car park and out of traffic it was 6.10. Anyway I drove like the clappers, and got into the stadium for around 7.20 and it was only heat 3 so was glad I chanced it. (I imagine Dick Barrie had done a power of talking hence why it was only heat 3)

Anyway onto the meeting. I walked in and said to my mate.. Holy Mash potato batman (edited for family forum) Berwick have Red Shale. Then I was like Golly Gosh mate this place has been spruced up big style. Very impressed with the hard work that must have went in during the winter.

The track itself was as smooth as ever I have seen it. Good to see the graders and water truck out to keep dust at a minimum (It really does help the fans enjoy a meeting more if they are not getting covered in red dust) The racing itself was just as what you would expect from a testimonial. There was some good passes off the forth bend, and a few due to slowing riders.

It was totally freezing though last night, and as I was in a rush being late I didn't want to stop and change jackets and put my jumper on so stoated in with my Sunderland top under a stupid wee jacket. Will know in future though.

The winner Ritchie, I didn't see that coming. You would have sworn it would be Mikal or Shane. But fair do's to the young man, he ensured he got to the semi's, despite not pulling up any trees in the process, but when it got to the business part of the meeting, he got his head down and finished the job.. Well done young man.

I hope Rob Grant snr is alright after his nasty spill. I think it was announced he had broke his collorbone. So heres to a speedy recovery.

Oh Quick Question, Is it Pepe Franc who wears the yellow kevlars? If so that wee guy has a spectacular style, and looked quick as hell last night.