British Speedway Forum
tanya

The Prince Of Wales Trophy - Newport 15/03

Newport begin the new era with an Individual meeting on Sunday March 15th.

Riders lined up to ride are...

All the Wasps, Craig Watson, Nick Simmons, Mark Lemon, Chris Kerr, Jordan Frampton, Brent Werner and James Holder. Alongside these riders are Nicolai Klindt, David Howe, Kevin Doolan, Paul Fry, Emil Kramer and probably more I've forgotten!

Should be a great day for all the Newport Supporters who have waited for the new era to begin and to also put to rest the old era by paying our respects to Tim Stone.

Can add Newport favourite Chris Schramm to that list too.

What a great way to start our foreign trips.

Italy, Poland, Sweden and Wales!!!

I'll be there :lol:

What a great way to start our foreign trips.

Italy, Poland, Sweden and Wales!!!

I\'ll be there :lol:

It`s a date :wink:

See,it did`nt take long for you to pull did it :P:shock::lol:

Edited by Dietbowers

taken from newportwasps.co.uk .

Prince of Wales Trophy line up complete

19th January 2009

The full line up has now been announced for the season opener at Newport, the Prince of Wales Trophy in memory of Tim Stone.

The eight Newport Wasps of 2009 will be in attendance, plus a mix of Elite and Premier League stars,

The two star captures for the meeting will without doubt be former Newport riders Mads Korneliussen and Niels Kristian Iversen.

The Danish duo were both given their Premier League debuts with the Welsh club, both in 2003. Therefore they would like to ride in the meeting, as a way of showing their respect to Tim Stone.

Recent New Year Classic winner Ben Barker is also riding, as well as Australian duo Jason Doyle and Kevin Doolan. Local rivals Somerset will have an interest with the confirmation that Swedish star Emil Kramer will be taking to the track, whilst David Howe and Nicolai Klindt complete the line up.

Co promoter Nick Mallett said "'We have assembled an interesting mix of Elite League riders, top Premier League stars and our own Wasps. It will give the fans a real treat while allowing our own riders to gain some important track time".

This is one of the strongest line ups seen at Queensway Meadows for a long time, and it promises to be a top meeting. The promotion have confirmed that the new air fence, obtained during the winter months, will be ready for use as well as part of the track being relayed in time.

Iversen and Korneliussen will both be riding in the meeting, which starts at 1pm, before heading up the M4 to Swindon for their Diamond Jubilee meeting. It was first thought that the Danes would only ride at Swindon, but they were desperate to ride at Newport as well to show their official respects to the man that brought them to Britain.

Full Lineup (not in riding order):

Mark Lemon

Craig Watson

Chris Kerr

Jordan Frampton

Brent Werner

James Holder

Nick Simmons

Kyle Newman

Niels Kristian Iversen

Mads Korneliussen

David Howe

Nicolai Klindt

Jason Doyle

Kevin Doolan

Emil Kramer

Ben Barker

Iversen and Korneliussen will both be riding in the meeting, which starts at 1pm, before heading up the M4 to Swindon for their Diamond Jubilee meeting. It was first thought that the Danes would only ride at Swindon, but they were desperate to ride at Newport as well to show their official respects to the man that brought them to Britain.

Thats a really nice sentiment, I know there were doubts over whether they would be able to ride or not. I'm really looking forward to this meeting which will be the end of the old era and the beginning of the new. A time to look back and appreciate what Tim Stone brought to Newport and a time to look forward to better times ahead.

If Mads and Puk can do both meeting, I sure as hell can :D

There's a few entertaining riders in that line up. Probably only 2 or 3 riders I have very little interest in seeing, pretty good for a meeting with 16 riders. Can't wait to see Kyle Newmann hunting down Mads and Puk :D Most people might think it's not possible but I bet he does :o

Edited by SCB

If Mads and Puk can do both meeting, I sure as hell can :D

There's a few entertaining riders in that line up. Probably only 2 or 3 riders I have very little interest in seeing, pretty good for a meeting with 16 riders. Can't wait to see Kyle Newmann hunting down Mads and Puk :D Most people might think it's not possible but I bet he does :o

Maybe you could persude Steve Shovlar to come SCB now that Ben Barker has been named in the line up. :lol::wink:

As with the Swindon Meeting it's such a shame this is on the same day as Darren & Sharon's Ozchem Classic meeting at Sheffield.

Another really good field but my allegiance has to be with the Boocock's

Edited by colincooke

Maybe you could persude Steve Shovlar to come SCB now that Ben Barker has been named in the line up. :lol::wink:

Hey m8 are you the same colin cooke that rode for exeter

Hey m8 are you the same colin cooke that rode for exeter

Think you're quoting the wrong post Crangy :wink: , but no is the answer to that question, though the amount of times it's been posed beggars belief.

Even my GP thought i was once :rolleyes::lol:

As with the Swindon Meeting it's such a shame this is on the same day as Darren & Sharon's Ozchem Classic meeting at Sheffield.

Another really good field but my allegiance has to be with the Boocock's

It could be argued that Sheffield have a meeting on an off day when Newport are having a memorial for Tim Stone on the clubs own race day is the issue here, not the other way around.