British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hackett

Setanta - Polish Speedway

Apart from the average 80,000 that watch everyweek, according to the official viewing figures.

Speedway regularly ranks in the top 5 of Sky Sports weekly broadcasts

I don't understand why someone like Five doesn't come in for British speedway. I think it would fit their profile well.

Imagine having speedway on proper telly :wub:

You might as well watch videos on Youtube, the quality is about the same as Setanta outputs.

Yes, it only has to be raining here and the picture quality is terrible.

Saying that the pub next door to me shows Premiership football on a Bulgarian Satelite channel and if the picture quality is bareaking down on Setanta, I can go next door and it's perfect on the pub TV. Why is that?

Don't know yet if the pub will be able to tune in to Polish League Speedway, as they've only had this Sat thing for about 4 months. I'm pretty sure it's beamed in via Polsat. (Anyway when it's not showing football it's all 'buteros, buteros, whiskers full o meaty goodness, chris waddle, scorchio, scorchio' channel nine stuff)

Apart from the average 80,000 that watch everyweek, according to the official viewing figures.

Speedway regularly ranks in the top 5 of Sky Sports weekly broadcasts

The problem for speedway on TV, is not audience numbers but the make up of the audience itself.

Sports such as cricket, rugby union, golf , eventing attract a far greater proportion of the higher socio economic groups. These are vital in generating advertising revenue, which is the major driver in Sky's business model.

All the sports listed above have significant numbers of viewers in the A, B, C1 classification, whereas speedway ( admittedly my information now being a few years out of date) has traditionally had a much higher percentage of C2, D, and Es.

This type of audience which traditionally has a much lower net disposable income, is far less attractive to advertisers and thereby the advertising slots during speedway broadcasts are less easy to fill, not attracting the premium that other sports can generate.

All the sports listed above have significant numbers of viewers in the A, B, C1 classification, whereas speedway ( admittedly my information now being a few years out of date) has traditionally had a much higher percentage of C2, D, and Es.

Spare us a fiver guv'nor

So no one is any nearer knowing whether setanta are interested in showing the polish league or not,wonder if the swedish will be available online like last season where it dissapeared half way through the season