British Speedway Forum
asturmer

Godden Riders

Rick Hellsen was always extremely good ............... nuff said

Quite, star ghost. Very good rider and here is a photo in the tradition of the WATigerman.

Here

Slight difference with that of WT- this is sharp: Never got around to using blurred filters myself. :P:lol:

Slight difference with that of WT- this is sharp: Never got around to using blurred filters myself. :P:lol:

Well at least not in the photos we get to see, eh Jim?

You mean the old box Brownie had any other kind?

Thanks Jim. Be assured I will of course treat your kind words with the respect they deserve.

Edited by WATigerman

Glenn Doyle rode a GR500 very well too, I actually bought hm the engine, went far better when I then got him the wiggly diamond to go with it, it never suited the comet frame he had before.

Think my dad rode a Godden, in fact im pretty sure he did

Whats Dad,s name?

It is common knowledge that upright Goddens were really hard to turn left ( I just restored one and am afraid to ride it!)

I am trying to remember who used Godden machinery and to date can recall Hans Nielsen, Shawn Moran, Mike Ferreira, Barney Kennett to name the ones I watched. Just staying on one for 4 laps makes them superstars, are there any other riders who rode these fiery machines?

I think Don Godden used one! :rolleyes:

I thought Hans Nielsen rode Godden engines or am I wrong?

Nigel De'ath of Oxford and Spencer Timmo

I thought Hans Nielsen rode Godden engines or am I wrong?

Yes he did and I just restored one of his 86 motors he left in Australia, in a jawa frame! He had 4 engines to choose from in those days! Sometimes they took bits back to Europe as hand luggage or expensive freight and otherwise sold their parts to local riders, before returning for British season! Now they have houses and keep bikes here just to use when they come over!!!