British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dean2009

1935 England V Australia E.collings Plaque

hi guys i have to hand a plaque handed to e.colling after he won the 1935 england v australia speedway its in mint condition i just wanted to know what its worth today

What does it say, word for word, on the plaque?

AKAIK, Eric Collins was an Australian rider that was signed up as a reserve for Wimbledon in 1935; he's not a name that immediately springs to mind as a leading light of the Aussie team for that year, so you might find it's only worth something to an Aussie collector of speedway memorabilia.

MODS............would the OP stand a better chance of getting a more informative response if this was moved to the 'Years Gone By' section???

Edited by DK Rides Again

What does it say, word for word, on the plaque?

AKAIK, Eric Collins was an Australian rider that was signed up as a reserve for Wimbledon in 1935; he's not a name that immediately springs to mind as a leading light of the Aussie team for that year, so you might find it's only worth something to an Aussie collector of speedway memorabilia.

MODS............would the OP stand a better chance of getting a more informative response if this was moved to the 'Years Gone By' section???

Eric Collins has a grandson living in Australia, I had some correspondence with him last year. Eric Collins qualified for the "Abandoned" 1939 World Final due to be run @ Wembley

Eric Collins has a grandson living in Australia, I had some correspondence with him last year. Eric Collins qualified for the "Abandoned" 1939 World Final due to be run @ Wembley

I live in Brisbane and very close to Erics nephew Mark. he would be most interested in the item. please contact me on binbooks@iinet.net.au

It is hard to value this but I am sure Mark would like it as they have very little of Erics memoirs.

Tony

hi guys i have to hand a plaque handed to e.colling after he won the 1935 england v australia speedway its in mint condition i just wanted to know what its worth today

dean2009....I was in Australia a few years ago and attended the auction of "stuff" owned by Frank Arthur......most of his trophies and I think the plaque you are talking about (which was given to all members of both teams) went for CONSIDERABLE Aussie dollars. $300 - $400 AUD