British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sandie

Ryanair To Cut A Few Routes To Poland In 2009

For some people travelling to and from Poland this season these details, taken from an aviators forum, may be of use:

The routes involved are:

to Gdansk (2 out of 7)

- from Bristol

- from Liverpool

to Katowice (1 out of 6)

- from Bristol

to Lodz (3 out of 5)

- from Liverpool

- from Shannon (still in talks)

- from EMA

to Poznan (1 out of 8)

- from EMA

to Szczecin (4 out of 6)

- from Bristol

- from Birmingham

- from Liverpool

- from Luton

to Wroclaw (1 out of 15)

- from Bournemouth.

No reductions in Krakow, Rzeszow - Jasionka, Bydgoszcz.

Probably the only one to worry about is the Poznan from East Mids.

But nothing confirmed yet but worth keeping an eye on.

no surprises really --- given the fact it was the news on BBC business report this morning that Ryanair have lost £90m in the 3 months to December 08!

Edited by chris26

ryan air announced in june that if the economic downfall happened and the rise in oil prices continued to increase that the company would only just manage to break easy.

not looking good seen as they are the largest budget airline in europe with easy-jet coming in just behind

no i am not a geek on airline facts i just had to study them for 2 months for a exam

to be honest i think that the cuts are the sensible way ahead looking at the life of air travel. so far 14 airlines have fell victim and went into liquidation in 2008 and more are expected in 2009.

although this has happened good news for us open skies policies means that there could be some cheep flights after the depression to fly over to america for cheap

Aye, they've also cut the Wroclaw to Liverpool flight that used to fly each sunday evening at 9.30pm getting back into Liverpool for about 11.00pm.

Used it twice last yr after the Bydgoszcz Gp's & was hoping to use it after Leszno this time. Its about a 6 hr train journey from Bydgoszcz to Wroclaw which was a good laugh but still a long way so thought the Leszno trip was all set up nicely this year. Go there for the GP on the sat nite & then Wroclaw r at home to Torun the day after so we had planned to take in this meeting & then it'd be a short taxi ride across Town for the evening flight home instead of the usual 6 hr train journey but sadly not to be!!

Bloody Ryanair, i've fallen out with em now!!! :angry:

dont turn to jet2 tho as there economic state supposibly aint good

to be honest i think that the cuts are the sensible way ahead looking at the life of air travel. so far 14 airlines have fell victim and went into liquidation in 2008 and more are expected in 2009.

It was inevitable as there was far too much capacity until recently. Ryanair might also want to ask whether they're just a bit too cheap, as if it were a choice between them and EasyJet, I know who I'd choose.

yes easyjet may cost more than ryan air but that is because of the services that they offer you have to pay for each individual one and they do there pricing with yield management where ryan air like monach airlines and bmi that are also in the 10 ten offer some frills for free.

easyjet are also coving costs for the planned developments of the airbus to make them eco friendly which will be made with 2 open rotory rolls royce engines that will cut co2 emmitions by 50% and nitros oxies by 80% to come into service by 2015,

EJ also buy their fuel 12 month in advanvce so they are actually making a wack are easyjet but then again stelos is worth a fortune with the easybrand that leads into cruses, money, pizza, vans (workington should team up and give them all orange vans), offices,mobile etc so money can be moved to help cater each.

stellos is also know to fight off competitors by putting his staff in thete uniforms on other flights offering free flights to customers on the flight. like he did to BA's GO airline which he later bought in 1998 which lead to a major court case after ba had tried to by easyjet.

ryan air are that little bit cheaper as they like to share the cost of the flight to everyone and not just the cheap price to the first few customers like ej do.

there are alot of hidden thing with easy jet so for me i would br flying ryan air

yes easyjet may cost more than ryan air but that is because of the services that they offer you have to pay for each individual one and they do there pricing with yield management where ryan air like monach airlines and bmi that are also in the 10 ten offer some frills for free.

easyjet are also coving costs for the planned developments of the airbus to make them eco friendly which will be made with 2 open rotory rolls royce engines that will cut co2 emmitions by 50% and nitros oxies by 80% to come into service by 2015,

EJ also buy their fuel 12 month in advanvce so they are actually making a wack are easyjet but then again stelos is worth a fortune with the easybrand that leads into cruses, money, pizza, vans (workington should team up and give them all orange vans), offices,mobile etc so money can be moved to help cater each.

stellos is also know to fight off competitors by putting his staff in thete uniforms on other flights offering free flights to customers on the flight. like he did to BA's GO airline which he later bought in 1998 which lead to a major court case after ba had tried to by easyjet.

ryan air are that little bit cheaper as they like to share the cost of the flight to everyone and not just the cheap price to the first few customers like ej do.

there are alot of hidden thing with easy jet so for me i would br flying ryan air

There are lots of hidden things with Ryanair as well, like charging for checking in which I consider a pretty basic service. Yes, EasyJet is generally a bit more expensive, but they fly to major airports and their customer service isn't cut price either (at least in my experience). And by the time you've factored in the time and cost of getting from whichever remote landing strip Ryanair have left you, you're unlikely to have saved anything.

Maybe won't affect fans, but these cut backs will definetly affect a few of the riders who are travel around Europe every single day off the week.

Maybe won't affect fans, but these cut backs will definetly affect a few of the riders who are travel around Europe every single day off the week.

definately.

Be interesting to see how many - 'I missed my flight' there will be now, based on the fact they may have to travel further and at awkward times. Hope no one is too badly affected.

definately.

Be interesting to see how many - 'I missed my flight' there will be now, based on the fact they may have to travel further and at awkward times. Hope no one is too badly affected.

definitely! :lol:

There are lots of hidden things with Ryanair as well, like charging for checking in which I consider a pretty basic service. Yes, EasyJet is generally a bit more expensive, but they fly to major airports and their customer service isn't cut price either (at least in my experience). And by the time you've factored in the time and cost of getting from whichever remote landing strip Ryanair have left you, you're unlikely to have saved anything.

the level of customer service is low tho. ryan air are known to provide a much friendlier service.

easy jet now charge as well. ej passall cost incurred on to the customer so that there profit is untouched. they joined a gds and they caiused hell cause they put there prices up.

ryan air are known to provide a much friendlier service.

Not in my experience, I'm afraid. Ryanair seem to employ the most dimwitted people imaginable.

ej passall cost incurred on to the customer

Ermm.. what (non loss making) airline doesn't?

RA are rubbish at everything, except the prices. The weather can be beautiful, all flights of other airlines can be on time but for some unknown reasons RA must be always delayed, from 15 mins to 2 hours.. or more. And that circus music played on their planes :blink:

I choose them only because of the financial aspect, just like the public transport, national mail, national railways etc.. - all the same cr@p and ignorance.