British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PhilK

British U15 Championship 2009

Yes me Dad got that email through after i posted.

I look forward to it very much cant wait now

Steven

I see it is Scunthorpe v Mildenhall in the NL followed by the 1st round of the U15 Championships on Saturday May 2nd, start time tbc!

Will certainly be making the trip now :approve:

I see it is Scunthorpe v Mildenhall in the NL followed by the 1st round of the U15 Championships on Saturday May 2nd, start time tbc!

Will certainly be making the trip now :approve:

Sounds good...!! Does anyone have a start time for this one..?? Surely it'll be in the afternoon rather than the evening will it not.??!! :unsure:

6pm according to this piece

http://www.scunthorpespeedway.com/news.php...amp;ucat=2&

Think the late start is because Scunthorpe United are playing Tranmere just down the road at 3pm.

Thats a shame, makes for a late one for travelling supporters!

At least there is no curfew :unsure: so we should get a full Championship round!

looking forward to both meetings should be an excellent nights speedway :lol:

Scunthorpe v Tranmere!! what a strange choice of an afternoon out :wink:

At least there is no curfew :unsure: so we should get a full Championship round!

its a long way and time back home aswell to devon, cheers nathan stoneman

I think its total rubbish having nl match first, for one would the other british championships play second fiddle to league match also if any competitors are in both meetings it gives them an advantage (I know people will say i m been petty but would all the gp riders complain if nikki had 16 laps practise before a gp)

because all riders go to the tapes in first race thinking have i got right set up, how will the track ride, but they won t cause they have had practice.

I think its total rubbish having nl match first, for one would the other british championships play second fiddle to league match also if any competitors are in both meetings it gives them an advantage (I know people will say i m been petty but would all the gp riders complain if nikki had 16 laps practise before a gp)

because all riders go to the tapes in first race thinking have i got right set up, how will the track ride, but they won t cause they have had practice.

With a grand total of 5 riders on 500cc bikes and 8 on 250cc it hardly requires a stand alone meeting,parhaps they could run the Under 15s during the main meeting interval :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes and why are there only 5 500cc and 8 250cc ??? cause kids aren t given anything of any quality. I was taking to a danish rider the other day who said there are about 250 13-14 year olds racing in denmark now i know we ll never reach those kind off numbers but we have to improve the facilites and meeting for u15 or there won t be british rider s in 10 years time.

With a grand total of 5 riders on 500cc bikes and 8 on 250cc it hardly requires a stand alone meeting,parhaps they could run the Under 15s during the main meeting interval

Disappointing that so few (why is this..? :unsure: ) but then why not have more rounds...? :unsure: Perhaps EVERY National League track to stage a round- as you say, can easily be part of a double header... And not just NL tracks, as many as can do so should stage a round..

Of course a danger that not all the youngsters could make every round so to decide the champion could be based on best eight or ten rounds (depending obviously on how many rounds actually raced...)...

waiting to have my head bitten off BTW... :rolleyes:

Yes and why are there only 5 500cc and 8 250cc ??? cause kids aren t given anything of any quality. I was taking to a danish rider the other day who said there are about 250 13-14 year olds racing in denmark now i know we ll never reach those kind off numbers but we have to improve the facilites and meeting for u15 or there won t be british rider s in 10 years time.

Hi Neil

Is this confirmed only 5 in the 500cc competition?

I know when this thread started there were in the region of 12-15 names suggested as possible entrants, surprised that more are not taking part.

Well i asked graham Reeve last week and those are the numbers he stated i do know there are some more to confirm their place but some are only considering it for various reasons, I know some think they have no chance and can t really afford it and another who would be one of the favourites who has yet to enter due to how its been run and the standard of rider. I know that its making us think again because the way our calander looks the u15 just add to the already busy summer and if there s only 5-7 riders and then the double head issues i stated before then its not worth the time or money.

Please accept my apologies. The start time is not 6pm but 3pm. The error was my fault.

As for delaying the meeting until the football season finishes there is no way we would get a better crowd the following week when we have a PL meeting the day before. The big advantage of Saturday 2nd is there won't have been any speedway at the EWR for eight days. That advantage has been increased because the planned is now not a £14 double-header on the Monday but a televised £5 meeting on the Tuesday. Hopefully the reduced costs will see more Scorpions fans turn out and the 3pm start time will encourage a lot of Mildenhall and U-15 fans to travel.

everything is possible and I am 100% sure that Denmark's population doesnt even come close to Britain's