British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
f-s-p

Finnish News

New and final/confirmed Finnish calendar came out yesterday, April 2nd. Good thing it was kept for an extra day! :lol:

21.5. ... TO ... 80 cc Suomen Cup 1/6 ... Pori

14.6. ... SU ... 80 cc Suomen Cup 2/6 ... Lahti

23.6. ... TI ... 80 cc Suomen Cup 3/6 ... Kuusankoski

5.7. ... SU ... 80 cc Suomen Cup 4/6 ... Haapajärvi

5.9. ... LA ... 80 cc Suomen Cup 5/6 ... Kauhajoki

13.9. ... SU ... 80 cc Suomen Cup 6/6 ... Lahti

25.7. ... LA ... 80 cc Suomen Cup, team final ... Kuusankoski

31.5. ... SU ... Extraliiga 1/8 ... Kauhajoki

13.6. ... LA ... Extraliiga 2/8 ... Seinäjoki

14.6. ... SU ... Extraliiga 3/8 ... Lahti

23.6. ... TI ... Extraliiga 4/8 ... Kuusankoski

11.7. ... LA ... Extraliiga 5/8 ... Seinäjoki

12.7. ... SU ... Extraliiga 6/8 ... Kauhajoki

22.8. ... LA ... Extraliiga 7/8 ... Kuusankoski

13.9. ... SU ... Extraliiga 8/8 ... Lahti

17.5. ... SU ... Kaupunki Cup 1/6 ... Seinäjoki

5.7. ... SU ... Kaupunki Cup 2/6 ... Haapajärvi

18.7. ... LA ... Kaupunki Cup 3/6 ... Lahti

5.9. ... LA ... Kaupunki Cup 4/6 ... Kauhajoki

6.9. ... SU ... Kaupunki Cup 5/6 ... Lahti

19.9. ... LA ... Kaupunki Cup 6/6 ... Pori

21.5. ... TO ... Yyteri speedway ... Pori,

30.5. ... LA ... Seinäjoki speedway ... Seinäjoki

6.6. ... LA ... Kauhajoki speedway ... Kauhajoki

27.6. ... LA ... Pariajo SM-finaali ... Seinäjoki

4.7. ... LA ... Kemppi speedway ... Lahti

7.7. ... TI ... U21 FINLAND vs. Swedish select ... Kuusankoski

19.7. ... SU ... SM-qualifier ... Seinäjoki

25.7. ... LA ... U21 SM-finaali ... Kuusankoski

1.8. ... LA ... SM-finaali ... Pori

12.9. ... LA ... Individual ... Kuusankoski

8.8. ... LA ... LT ... Nordic final ... Forssa

24.5. ... SU ... LT ... Individual ... Heinola

29.8. ... LA ... LT ... SM-Finaali ... Vaasa

EDIT: Couple of notes from the calendar that are no good for Finnish riders.

- Qualifier for the Finnish final was put on the same weekend as the U19 team semi in Germany. Thats five riders out from the qualifier, not too good.

- Finnish longtrack final at Vaasa is on the same weekend as the European final at Berghaupten. Thats a shame, but I do think that the Vaasa weekend is a set date by the city and the horse racing people and can't be changed. Finnish riders in the EC grasstrack are (nominations to be confirmed) K.Laukkanen, R.Lehtinen and A.Mustonen.

Edited by f-s-p

The injury to Joonas Kylmäkorpi rules him out for six weeks, and that will include the SWC qualifier in Daugavpils, Latvia on May 2nd. Hopefully he'll be in one piece again for the SGP qualifier in Divisov on June 7th.

It's a BIG dent on the Finnish dream to get back in to the "real" SWC.

EDIT: Luckily we have Kalle Katajisto and he will replace Kylmäkorpi as our #1 in Daugavpils. Full Finnish team for the SWC qualifier on May 2nd is: 1. Kalle Katajisto, 2. Tomi Reima, 3. Juha Hautamäki, 4. Kaj Laukkanen and 5. Kauko Nieminen.

Finland will be riding with white helmet colour against the Yanks in red, CZ in blue and Latvia in yellow. It's no secret that with Kylmäkorpi we lost 10 points from our total, but hopefully Hautamäki can up his came after winning the triple in Finland for two seasons in a row now. Kake looks to be in a good form but Laukkanen is a mystery that wont be solved until the last heat is done in Latvia.

Edited by f-s-p

Hyvä Kalle!!!! But yeap, it is a shame for Team Finland that we lost Kylmäkorpi. I thought he was out for 3 weeks. Six is bad.. What teams "Pätkä" is riding for? Has he rode any meetings yeat?

Hyvä Kalle!!!! But yeap, it is a shame for Team Finland that we lost Kylmäkorpi. I thought he was out for 3 weeks. Six is bad.. What teams "Pätkä" is riding for? Has he rode any meetings yeat?

The 6 weeks I'm on about is from the time BEFORE he went in to the surgery and BEFORE he gave his own statement to the BSPA website. I'm told (sorry m8 :lol: ) that he doesn't even need a cast for the problem he has. Wonders of the current medical world! :approve:

To my knowledge, and thats underlined because I havent found any info on the internet (anywhere, any country, any club, any rider site) to state otherwise. Is... that Laukkanen is only set to ride for his hometown club Kotkat, eight meetings of speedway in total. He has a few longtrack contracts on the continent though, which that seems to be his main ambition currently... And thats why I mentioned his name in the mystery concerning Latvia.

To all my Finnish readers, and you've multiplied like rabbits recently... (LBC included :approve: ),

Hyvää pääsiäistä, JYPPI RULAA!!!

Edited by f-s-p

At JK's website there is that he is out for 4 weeks. But who knows how healing will go.. "Ameriikan vitamiinejä" and he will be back in 3 weeks! :D

Hauskaa Pitkaperjantai, Hauskaa paasiaista F-S-P :lol:

And Happy Easter to everyone in the ever expanding Finnish News fan club, we are taking over the world!!!!!!! :lol::lol:

Here's hope that Team Finland can pull off a shock in the SWC qualifier and take their rightful place in the finals :blink:

Yeah...and kokkolokoloko suunnitaleinen from me too :blink:

Hyvää pääsiäistä :D

So late, becuase I just came from Oulanka, where I spend almost three days :)

Suprised Tero Aarnio not part of the Team Finland line-up for the SWC qualifier :blink:

I know he's been struggling at the start of this new season due to a variety of reasons but on Saturday night he showed a glimpse of his true potential when riding for Berwick at Workington.

Having trailed round at the back in his 2 opening rides he sensationally beat Comets and probably the Premier League no 1 Kevin Doolan in heat 10 with a terrifically mature and impressive ride. And this was just after Doolan had smashed the Workington track record! Hopefully that win will give Tero the confidence boost he needs to get his season on track. :rolleyes:

Suprised Tero Aarnio not part of the Team Finland line-up for the SWC qualifier :blink:

For what I know and read from Aarnio's blog he's had a nightmare start to the season. Daugavpils is traditionally a very slick track with no banking on the curves. So not really a track for Aarnio. He was doing fine when Berwick was still a mx-track last season, but it's been hard for him to get things going this year. Katajisto on the other is considered to be the next big one in Finnish speedway. His problem on the other hand is gating, but if he gates, he's very fast. He has a very unique yet fast style to ride a bike. If I'm honest, I dont really understand how he's so fast. In my opion he should fall off more often, since he look's like a boiled string of spaghetti on his bike... :lol:

Even with the heat win in Workington he only got 4 or something from his four rides (didn't even check). There are plenty of places in the Finnish camp to be filled during the season in international meetings still...

Qualifier for the Finnish U19 and U21 places in Elgane and Hallstavik will be ridden on saturday. The riders will start with practise on friday. On sunday there's once again a test match between the Finns and Stjärnorna.

Results from todays quali meeting from f-s-p,....

Results from the finnish qualifier:

1. Appe Mustonen 13

2. Kalle Katajisto 12

3. Niko Siltaniemi 11

4. Teemu Lahti 10+3

5. Timo Lahti 10+2

6. Jari Mäkinen 6

7. Joni Kitala 4

8. Jarkko Palmi 0

Full details during sunday. Top3 all U19.

Thanks iris123 for your help again. I can only write and send emails on my phone, havent had the time to read the book about it (they are for kids and women anyway :lol: ).

A great day in Hallstavik yesterday. At times it was snowing and then again the sun was shining. The track was great. Everyone had practised the day before and I think Mäkinen was the only one that had previous riding experience from this season under his belt. He was the surprise package of friday, practically unbeaten all day, but could't carry his form to the actual meeting. Katajisto was the best in the actual meeting only loosing points after falling on the last bend against Reima while 2nd. Siltaniemi was very solid throughout the meeting and I was led to understand that he was given the "wild card" for the U21 qualifier. Lahti brothers both did OK, but not enough. Only rider to have any (possibly) bad feelings can be Timo Lahti. He was leading heat 18 by some margin before it was stopped when the three others all fell. That win would have given him the chance for a re-run against Siltaniemi and his chances would have been good in that one.

Appe Mustonen 33223 13

Tomi Reima 13333 13

Kalle Katajisto 333F3 12

Niko Siltaniemi 33131 11

Teemu Lahti 21322 10+3 1st reserve for the U21

Timo Lahti 32032 10+2 1st reserve for the U19, 2nd for the U21

Peter Wall 11233 10

Robin Burestad 22N2d 6

Niklas Larsson 01221 6

Jari Mäkinen 2211R 6 2nd reserve for the U19, 3rd for the U21

David Hillborg 11112 6

Joni Keskinen 023R0 5

Jens Oscarsson 0R202 4

Aarni Heikkilä 20011 4

Joni Kitala 10111 4

Jarkko Palmi R00RR 0

Erä erältä:

1. T.Lahti, Heikkilä, Kitala, Keskinen

2. Katajisto, Lahti, Wall, Oscarsson

3. Mustonen, Mäkinen, Reima, Larsson

4. Siltaniemi, Burestad, Hillborg, Palmi R

5. Katajisto, Keskinen, Larsson, Palmi

6. Reima, T.Lahti, Hillborg, Oscarsson

7. Siltaniemi, Mäkinen, Wall, Heikkilä

8. Mustonen, Burestad, Lahti, Kitala

9. Keskinen, Oscarsson, Mäkinen, Burestad N

10. Katajisto, Mustonen, Siltaniemi, T.Lahti

11. Lahti, Larsson, Hillborg, Heikkilä

12. Reima, Wall, Kitala, Palmi

13. Wall, Mustonen, Hillborg, Keskinen R

14. T.Lahti, Lahti, Mäkinen, Palmi

15. Reima, Burestad, Heikkilä, Katajisto F

16. Siltaniemi, Larsson, Kitala, Oscarsson

17. Reima, Lahti, Siltaniemi, Keskinen

18. Wall, T.Lahti, Larsson, Burestad d

19. Mustonen, Oscarsson, Heikkilä, Palmi R

20. Katajisto, Hillborg, Kitala, Mäkinen R

Uusinta: Lahti, T.Lahti

No time keeping

PICTURES HERE!

Had a chat with Greg Hancock too and got the chance to see his modified Stuha frame that he's been using for 2,5 years now. Very interesting... :rolleyes:

Edited by f-s-p

Nice to see Kalle doing so well, unlucky with the fall. Makinen as usual nowhere.

Test match yesterday at Hallstavik. Mäkinen top scorer on the day and keeping his chances alive of a team place during the year, maybe.

U21 Suomi 68

Appe Mustonen 2332 10

Niko Siltaniemi 12232 10

Kalle Katajisto 3323 11

Timo Lahti 2R133 9

Teemu Lahti 33321 12

Jari Mäkinen 33232 13

Joni Kitala 11 2

Aarni Heikkilä 1F 1

Stjärnorna 28

David Hillborg 32113 10

Niklas Larsson 01010 2

Joakim Mårtensson 0001 1

Jens Oskarsson 11201 5

Peter Wall 2110 4

Robin Messing 200 2

Linus Lydin F2020 4

Erä erältä:

1. Hillborg, Mustonen, Siltaniemi, Larsson

2. Mäkinen, Messing, Kitala, Lydin F

3. Katajisto, T.Lahti, Oskarsson, Mårtensson

4. Lahti, Wall, Heikkilä, Messing

5. Mäkinen, Lydin, Larsson, T.Lahti R

6. Mustonen, Siltaniemi, Oskarsson, Mårtensson

7. Katajisto, Hillborg, T.Lahti, Larsson

8. Lahti, Oskarsson, Kitala, Mårtensson

9. Mustonen, Siltaniemi, Wall, Messing

10. Lahti, Mäkinen, Hillborg, Lydin

11. Mäkinen, Lydin, Larsson, Heikkilä F

12. Siltaniemi, Katajisto, Wall, Oskarsson

13. T.Lahti, Mustonen, Mårtensson, Larsson

14. Katajisto, Lahti, Hillborg, Wall

15. T.Lahti, Mäkinen, Oskarsson, Lydin

16. Hillborg, Siltaniemi, Lahti, Wall

No time keeping

Pictures HERE

Edited by f-s-p

Makinen as usual nowhere.

After failing at the qualifier on saturday he was again the top scorer on sunday. It wasn't a Premier league team that they were up against, but that was not the point of the weekend either. Actions of individual riders and practise was the name of the game. After the weekend I've heard a lot of positive feedback on Mäkinen (edit: his riding). If he could just keep his act together and focus on working hard to improve himself... Then he has the chance to pick up on his form as it was 13 months ago.

Edited by f-s-p