British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
f-s-p

Finnish News

Rules for this years Extraliiga were published today, about four weeks after they were discussed in the spring parlament. Couple of pointers:

- A team in a league meeting can be made of four foreign riders.

- A foreigner can represent only one team during a season

- #4 is always the rider with the lowest average in the team, other than that the team building is free.

The change in the foreigner rule was a, how to put this :blink:, quite drastic. To go from 1 per team to absolutely free seven weeks after the entry deadline doesn't seem all that rational. But maybe thats just me :wink:.

There's free practise at Varkaus this weekend. Finnish season starts... :approve:

Appe Mustonen has withdrawn from the U21 qualifier in Elgane and Teemu Lahti will take his place.

FINNISH NOMINATIONS 2009

Elgane, U21: Teemu Lahti, Kalle Katajisto, Niko Siltaniemi

Hallstavik, U19: Katajisto, Mustonen, Siltaniemi

EC at Stralsund: Joni Keskinen and Mustonen

EC pairs at Ljubljana: Keskinen and Jari Mäkinen

U21 World Cup in Pardubice: Lahti bro's, Siltaniemi, Katajisto and Mäkinen

U19 E Cup in Moorwinkelsdamm: Timo Lahti, Mustonen, Katajisto, Siltaniemi and Mäkinen

EDIT I

Longtrack too, forgot...:oops:

Artigues de Lussac: Rene Lehtinen

Bielefeld: Kaj Laukkanen, Appe Mustonen

EC Stadskanaal: Lehtinen, Laukkanen

EC Hertingen: Appe Mustonen

EDIT II

Teemu Lahti is in the Gasarna side on the season opener next thursday in the swedish Allsvenskan. Aarnio has said he'll ride in the Bajen opener and Kalle Katajisto should be starting for Getingarna. Kauko Nieminen and Juha Hautamäki I dont know about, but they are defo starters for their teams in my books. Thats five Finns in the Allsvenskan! :approve: They only have 14 Swedes in the Elitserien... :lol:

EDIT III

Heard yesterday that Nemo and Hautamäki are confirmed starters on thursday. Sixth is also confirmed...

Edited by f-s-p

Yeap, after what I saw today at Varkaus. Track was good and weather was great! Kalle is fast at the moment. There was Katajisto, Mäkinen and Mustonen training today. I was eating gravel behind them.. Tomorrow we shall continue. Or I will atleast. Dont know about the boys.. ;)

Can someone tell me how well Kalle Katajisto is riding this season. By the sound of things he's doing well.

Varkaus just staging practice sessions this season or will they perhaps also stage a 'proper' meeting too?? :unsure:

Kiitos!

Can someone tell me how well Kalle Katajisto is riding this season. By the sound of things he's doing well.

Like you said, he's doing well. Only his third meeting yesterday in which he beat Ales Dryml after passing him.

Varkaus just staging practice sessions this season or will they perhaps also stage a 'proper' meeting too?? :unsure:

There's free practise at Varkaus probably everyday, but no meetings scheduled for this season.

Actualy we have problems with getting water on track. Could be that there is ice in water pipes.. So NO training at the moment in Varkaus. Did Kalle fell and injured himself? There is W and rest of the heats are -'s. "Kalle Katajisto (2,1,w,-,-) 3"

Kiitos F-S-P and Bream.

We have planty of rain in Workington so I will try and arrange for a load of it to be sent over to Varkaus!! :lol::lol:

Kalle Katajisto and Tomi Reima are both fine after their falls in Daugavpils. The track was apparently pretty bad and reruns were plenty. The track conditions were also mostly to blame for their falls. Lots of stuff going on during the meeting. Katajisto was phenomenally fast with his riding, only last in to the 1st bend each time from the gate. He even followed Hancock for the full four laps right in his tailpipe. Nieminen was apparently a class act too managing to beat Hancock and being the top Finnish scorer. The Laukkanen mystery was solved now, more was expected from him for sure. Hautamäki was lost with his setup but improved during the meeting. Better luck next time.

Thanks for the meeting report F-S-P. Glad to hear Tomi and Kalle okay, yeh Kauko put on a fantastic display! :approve:

If only Joonas had been there then Finland might just have had a chance. Didn't help they were placed in the toughest qualifier either :mad:

Here's to 2010 when with Kalle having another 12 months racing behind him the Lions will finally make it back into the SWC :wink:

Jari Mäkinen replaces Appe Mustonen at Stralsund this weekend. Joni Keskinen is our other rider for the EC semi.

Kalle Katajisto scored 10 from six rides in yesterdays Allsvenskan opener in Sweden. Timo Lahti got 9 from five. With Simon Gustavsson unfortunately :rolleyes: injured the Nordic U21 final (which is the toughest of them all!) looks to have a Finnish favourite for qualifying after eight years waiting...

Edited by f-s-p

Jari Mäkinen replaces Appe Mustonen at Stralsund this weekend. Joni Keskinen is our other rider for the EC semi.

Good luck to Jari. :approve:

Congratulations for Katajisto. It was so close!

Congratulations for Katajisto. It was so close!

Shame a really hard first heat, but all the Finnish riders did improve as the track got slicker. After heat 8 they really stepped up a gear. :approve: