British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Gp Rider Draw Number

I thought that the date had changed to April 1st when i read Phil Rising`s piece about the riding order for GPs now being made the day before the meeting.What a complete waste of time-we now will have a lot of writing to do before the meeting.At least the way the gp racecard is ,it will only be marking boxes in to the races.why couldnt they have announced that ole olsen had been instructed to ensure more dirt was put on the tracks ! !

I thought that the date had changed to April 1st when i read Phil Rising`s piece about the riding order for GPs now being made the day before the meeting.What a complete waste of time-we now will have a lot of writing to do before the meeting.At least the way the gp racecard is ,it will only be marking boxes in to the races.why couldnt they have announced that ole olsen had been instructed to ensure more dirt was put on the tracks ! !

Yes - quite agree - that shiny paper they make the programs from is rubbish for writing on already - extra pens required!

Forgive me for being synical but its not just another BSI cop-out to avoid printing the wrong programme again (as in Germany 2008), is it? :lol:

I understand that many of the riders were sceptical about the 'Live draw from Geneva' but would it not be better to have a press pre-GP season launch, say two weeks before the first GP where the riders draw in position order for the first GP starting positions. Then after each GP has finished the riders draw in meeting finishing order for the starting positions at the next GP. The wild card does not get a pick and ends up with the unpicked starting position.

The Grand Prix's were just four programmed heats some years back and all the rest was blank for you to fill in.

The 1-16 rankings will still be the same, so I presume programmes will be printed with the score chart in that order and not the draw order. In the age of the internet, mobile phones etc then people will still be able to print off the scorecards the old way beforehand anyway.

Wonder if Cardiff 2009 will have Unofficial programmes for sale alongside the Unofficial Shirts, Hats etc etc. ;)