British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
garf

GP's in the future.

I just heard in the Daish Telly, that Ole Olsen was about to change the GP into another setup with only 16 riders.

Anyone heard about that option in UK :?: :?:

I just heard in the Daish Telly, that Ole Olsen was about to change the GP into another setup with only 16 riders.

Haven't heard of it but it would solve all the problems the Elite League has as well as making the GP a more 'Elite' Group with 16 riders all capable of actually winning a GP. I'd say its a good idea. 14 regulars and 2 wildcards?

Haven't heard of it but it would solve all the problems the Elite League has as well as making the GP a more 'Elite' Group with 16 riders all capable of actually winning a GP. I'd say its a good idea. 14 regulars and 2 wildcards?

With the qualification criteria already in place for 2004, let's hope Olsen's plans are for 2005 and beyond, otherwise we have another farce about to unfold.

John Poshbloke has too much power to allow Olsen fee reign - Ole's time of running the show (and reversing referees' decisions) has come to, at best, a stunted dead end

The Grand Prix brings in too much money to be changed - the way it is currently setup is perfect for TV

If they had 16 riders they could run each meeting over 20 heats so that every rider met every other rider once each. They could all have at least one ride off each gate...and...er...is this a step forward?

It should be like the old format of 16 riders,20 heats,all riders getting all gate positions and you could still have an A final with the top four point scorers.Top point scorer getting first choice of gate,2nd,second choice and so on.Winner of A final gets 10 bonus points,2nd 6,3rd 4,4th 2.

Isn't that the original GP formula?

John Poshbloke has too much power to allow Olsen fee reign - Ole's time of running the show (and reversing referees' decisions) has come to, at best, a stunted dead end

The Grand Prix brings in too much money to be changed - the way it is currently setup is perfect for TV

I also think its sensible to keep it as it is. Whilst this "top 2 go through" is not speedway as the traditionalists know it. It does makes the whole thing much easier to follow and consequently is more likely to attract the interest of the layperson.