British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Crumpy rightly excluded - he should have been excluded when he locked up trying to find a way around richardson so he rode his luck - good on the ginger for being man enough to give nicki credit for being the far superior of the two.

Nicki shouldn't have been excluded from the last race the only contact was when Jonson put his foot down trying to ride a tighter line than Pedersen - it was Jonson's fault and I hope he gets fine for his disgraceful remarks towards the referee - however I do not find his actions suprising considering he rides for Coventry.

Bjarne should have been celebrating his first GP win tonight; but the night goes to Nicki - world champ correctly predicted back in 1998 by myself - and there is at least another one I know can make it 8)

Whatever happened to all 4 back? I know there is no such rule as 1st bend bunching, but if either of the three incidents (2 with Lee Richardson and one with AJ/Nicki P) occured in an Elite League meeting I think we would have seen all 4 back.

You are going to see hard 1st bends in a GP. Add to this the added issue of unpredictable man made tracks and I think a certain amount of leniency has to be given for 1st bend accidents. If riders were seen to be taking advantage of this then the referee would have to act.

I thought Lee was harshly treated second time round. He had been moved over himself and did not seem to touch Gollob. However, if that was the precedent the referee wished to set he should have also excluded Pedersen in the final.

It was Jonson's fault and I hope he gets fine for his disgraceful remarks towards the referee - however I do not find his actions suprising considering he rides for Coventry.

Would that be the same Coventry Stuart Robson rides for :)

I don't know everything reguarding Aj.

But from what ive seen this year he's been very calm when being excluded in the gp's. He's the one that just accepts it, and says well what can you do ect...

He has every right to go off on one tonight imho, it was clear first bend bunching.

Not that many get excluded in the turn :cry:

stuart was originally a newcastle rider he has done well to maintain those standards

No, Stuart was originally a Middlesborough rider :P

I think it should have been all four back in the final, after all it was the 'final', and Nicki had already won the title. I do feel that Andreas would have got second place to Greg on the podium, which would have been a big boost to the kid.

Sorry to disagree with you sazzle, but I don't think Gollob should have been excluded. I don't like the bloke, but he clearly did nothing wrong in this instance.

KFC Baby certainly has the right idea. There should be three refs for GP's. We have seen so much inconsistancy in their decisions this year.

Ref hads a decent Meeting, Nicki deserves his title and Crumpy deserves great credit for being an absolute Gent in defeat despite the obvious hurt.

Definitely think the ref made a big mistake in the final....Pedersen did exactly the same as Lee and Tomasz had done earlier in the meeting...why was he not excluded or even all 4 back? No way was it AJ's fault, really inconsistent :-( AJ would have got a place on the podium and that would have done his confidence the world of good.

I have to say I agree with Steve Hone! Am I allowed to do that? Can I get tablets for it? :P ;-)

I felt sorry for two people at the GP last night.

Firstly I felt that Andreas was the innocent party of a refereeing mistake. I'm not going to slate the referee for it, he had a pretty decent meeting all in but he definately called that one wrong. Pedersen should have been excluded and Johnsson would have one of those illusive podium places. As Jo says, the boost he would ahve got from it would have done him the world of good

Secondly I feel sorry for Greg Hancock. Its always going to be the case that the winner of the GP that decides the destination of the World Championship isn't going to get the same pomp and circumstance as all the other GP winners so its just one of those things. However Greg rode intelligently last night and it was nice to see him win.

So well done Nicki and well done Greg!

He has every right to go off on one tonight imho, it was clear first bend bunching.

:cry:

No lokiss it wasn't first bend bunching. First bend bunching is 2 or more riders going into the bend fighting for the same piece of track, invariably there isn't room and 1 or more falls. When the rider off gate 1 ends up right out at the fence at that same 1st corner and runs right into the path of another that is something completely different. Hans Nielsen was a master of riding first bends like that but he could do it safely and very rarely brought anyone down, Pedersen on the other hand can't and his "hard" 1st bends often result in someone falling and getting hurt.

For goodness sake whats done is done! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Some people are only happy if they are slamming others esp Nicki Grow up :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

You can't change things by moaning so just drop it!

It was the right decision to exclude Grumpy clear cut on that 1 as for Nicki in the final he hardly, if ever, touched aj!

ok maybe all 4 riders should have been back in, but aj came off long after nicki had passed him so you can kinda see the refs point!

The whole championship was won on overall performance no just the 1 GP so guys give nicki credit for winning and lay off him because you can't change anything!!

Fab riding by Bjarne as well!

Well Done Nicki :D:approve::approve:

Agree with what some have been saying abouit 1st bend bunching - the were a few 50-50 incidents at the GP which should have been called all 4 back.

Must admit, as a fan, I enjoyed the chaotic action the track threw up. But, from a riders perspective, it seemed that once you had committed to a move, there was no going back, that's probably why there were so many incidents.

I have to say I agree with Steve Hone! Am I allowed to do that? Can I get tablets for it? :P ;-)

don't do it again.... i'll be watching :evil:

There has to be a new rule for the one off tracks, in that if a rider comes down, when in close contact with another rider, it has to be all four back. If he is out on his own he should be excluded as usual. Which meeting was Keith Huwen watching. It was not the best one off track so far, there has yet to be one.

Referee was hopeless, but he is under a lot of pressure to get meeting over in time.

Why was final meeting held in Norway and possibly again next year. Stadium is not big enough, although was not full, but not surprising, when you consider cost of getting there, staying food and drink.

Final should be staged on a proper track, think BSI are fast losing the plot.

Frankly on the one off tracks, you might just as well have two riders going in one direction and the other two the other way, all carrying jousting sticks! Speedway this is not, and I have been watching it long enough to know what I am talking about.