British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Is Chris Harris Really Good Enough For The Sgp?

Whooops I forgot the origional title of this thread :oops:

Most topics digress thats what a discussion forum is about... :wink:

I'd imagine Mr Sam is just sad, that he didn't get the support he'd wanted... :rolleyes:

There is no better racer than Chris when the track is grippy, but unfortunately the GP tracks are always prepared slick resulting in the boring racing that we had to endure last week in Prague.

There is no better racer than Chris when the track is grippy, but unfortunately the GP tracks are always prepared slick resulting in the boring racing that we had to endure last week in Prague.

I guess it will be the same at Leszno.

Pity really, that track is wide & superb for racing when it's prepared correctly.

'Golem' Olsen strikes again.

There are many better racers than Chris.

I guess it will be the same at Leszno.

Pity really, that track is wide & superb for racing when it's prepared correctly.

'Golem' Olsen strikes again.

It wasn't that slick last year, I was stood just the other side of the airfence and got covered. The problem was the heat and not enough water being put down

Golem' Olsen strikes again.

Far be it for me to stick up for Ole because I've never liked him, but apparently he had nothing to do with preparing the slick track at Prague so perhaps he won't be doing Leszno either? :unsure:

Chris stated on his Facebook page yesterday that he was back riding in Poland today.

He rode for Ostrow today. Scored 2 points and they lost to Rybnik at home 44:45 :P

Oh dear. Sounds like he is going to be popular with his Polish fans as well. :lol:

Far be it for me to stick up for Ole because I've never liked him, but apparently he had nothing to do with preparing the slick track at Prague so perhaps he won't be doing Leszno either? :unsure:

He never does when it becomes a public issue :rolleyes:

So you're saying he was in charge of the track preparation? :unsure:

...with the exception of one night at Cardiff.

Don't forget he picked up a third in '07 as well.

I dont mean to be funny but does it matter how ole does the track as is same for all the riders .

No it's not. All it does having an ultra slick track is favour the riders who gate and make the racing utterly boring to watch. The racers like Chris Harris, Scott Nicholls etc. need a bit more dirt and a grippy track to be able to pass.

So you're saying he was in charge of the track preparation? :unsure:

I'm saying ....exactly as I have posted recently...... that when the brown stuff hits the fan Ole starts washing his hands of it very quickly....... this is a time honoured tradition ... it is always someone elses fault..... even if the responsibility falls under his remit

also as I have posted elsewhere......... if Ole isnt in charge of the tracks how is it that they are so regularly slick? I mean regular to the point where you could plot it on a graph!........... how is it that these tracks steeped in history and tradition end up often being prepared in a completely different way to normal?

In a scenario where Ole wasnt involved in the track prep and it was purely down to the club's track staff would we not be seeing tracks how they are normally prepared? Wouldnt we be seeing all kinds of differing tracks being served up?

I dont mean to be funny but does it matter how ole does the track as is same for all the riders .

as Gemini has said yes of course it does

speedway fans hate the cliche they hear from non speedway fans of 'its all about the first out of the gate' .......... so why on some of the best tracks in the world is the guy responsible for the tracks trying his best to make it so?..... it is robbing the fans..... and its not attracting any new fans

all we end up with is a narrow band of track to ride on which starts on the inside and gradually moves out with the riders playing follow my leader.....In the end we will lose the racers from the competition and end up with 16 gating tarts...........

and i'll chuck in a grenade at the end here....... which national team are the best gaters?

also as I have posted elsewhere......... if Ole isnt in charge of the tracks how is it that they are so regularly slick? I mean regular to the point where you could plot it on a graph!........... how is it that these tracks steeped in history and tradition end up often being prepared in a completely different way to normal?

Remember that all SGP and SWC are run to the regulations of the SGP "Bible" (I'm sure it has an official title) that was created and scribed by Ole Olsen. Included is track prepartation and woe betide any local promoter that doesn't follow the bible.