British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Iggy

Danish Team Win World Championship for Nicki Pederson!

It was interesting to see how the whole Danish Team stepped up their game at the Norweigan Grand Prix, and how this coupled with the tactical knowledge Jacob Olsen brought to the team seemed to give Nicki the lift he needed.

Firstly, in Nicki's first race their was no advantage to winning it, and coming in last appeared to give him the best opposition in the next race. Was this Jacob Olsen's intent?

Secondly, Ronnie and Bjarne Pederson doing so well always appeared to show that their may have been a back up plan (although I'm not sure where they found the extra speed they have been lacking all year).

Finally, in the semi-final did Bjarne Pederson hold up Scott Nicholls and Thomas Gollob to allow Nicki through?

I know that people will say that there is no team riding in Grand Prix, but I only have to take you back to the year Mark Loram won it, and Joe Screen helped him round in the last race, and also the consecutive year's that Billy Hamill and Greg Hancock won it when they seemed to help each other out all through the season.

Iggy you're more than cynical than me...

Jacob pretty much confessed about the tactics used in the first one, however i don't think Bjarne helped out Nicki in the semi at all...

he might have done by the end of the race but he didn't look around, not once.