British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
czechhero

Is Brit Motorcycling Finally On The Up?

Well with Bradders winning today, Scott and Danny both in the top 8, I started to wonder if if 2009 will be the year that British motorcycling arrived back on the World scene big time.

Add to this, Brits at the sharp end in WSB and Cal Crutchlow leading WSS, have we finally turned the corner??

Well with Bradders winning today, Scott and Danny both in the top 8, I started to wonder if if 2009 will be the year that British motorcycling arrived back on the World scene big time.

Add to this, Brits at the sharp end in WSB and Cal Crutchlow leading WSS, have we finally turned the corner??

Hopefully, CH. Hopefully.

Well done Bradley. :)

When Bradley was on the rostrum today, I turned the TV right up for the anthem. To see him singing it too made the old hairs stand up on the back of my neck.

When Bradley was on the rostrum today, I turned the TV right up for the anthem. To see him singing it too made the old hairs stand up on the back of my neck.

Actually, funny you should say that, so did we ch. Nice to see. :)

It's been a long time coming, but congratulations to young Bradley, lets hope it will be followed by many more. Great to see Redding and Webb turning in really good performances too. Things certainly look bright for the future.

Really chuffed to see Marco Melandri going so well this season on a not so hot Kawasaki, makes you wonder how it all went wrong for him with Ducati last year, at least he is proving to many of the doubters that he isn't the spent force that many thought he was.

if we have to rely on the two leaders to fall off for a british winner don't hold your breath for the next one !!!

Did he have to rely on the two leaders to fall off?

Didn't look that way to me.

Ifs, buts and maybes count for nothing in any motorsport.

if we have to rely on the two leaders to fall off for a british winner don't hold your breath for the next one !!!

You may be thinking of the 250 race where Simoncelli and Bautista went off gifting the win to Fasini(?)...no Brits involved.

Great to see so many Brits in WSB this year and doing well to boot! There's more to come as well from the likes of Camier, Crutchlow, Eugene Laverty and maybe Ellison can finally make the step up to the Worlds. Always preferred the Superbikes to MotoGP but looks like WSB could actually challenge to be the premier Bike sport again.

Good to hear the National Anthem twice today for Cal and Jonny, what a great couple of races and what a brilliant pair of victories.

4 Brits in the top 8 in WSB 2, super, super stuff. B)