British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Quick question for them what know. If I follow my sat nav am I likely to get lost and confussed when I get to the new road it doesn't know exists? If so, which set of traffic lights do I turn right at? :lol: (thanks in advance)

If you follow your sat nav to Chez Feltham, thats all you need worry about!!!! :wink::lol:

The rest is up to us

I think there is a sign on the A419 approaching the stadium area that says something like 'for stadium and landfill site follow signs for Blunsdon', so just do that and hope for the best!

Adder - There wasnt!

I know that you didnt have a sign until you got up and off the 419.

The way I remember it is - when you see the old road off to the left take the next exit!!!! And follow the signs from there!

But as far as 21st is concerned he can leave his push bike here and I will drive from my place. He has to go past the front door almost! (A429)

Thanks everyone. Much appreciated.

If you follow your sat nav to Chez Feltham, thats all you need worry about!!!! :wink::lol:

The rest is up to us

Even better. Cheers Sandie/Nikki. :)

(gives me a couple of hours before the meeting to convince you who you should be supporting. :wink:)

Thanks everyone. Much appreciated.

Even better. Cheers Sandie/Nikki. :)

(gives me a couple of hours before the meeting to convince you who you should be supporting. :wink:)

I dont even know the line up!!!!! :rolleyes:

From the Swindon website.

Thursday 17th September, Four Team Tournament

Swindon Robins

1. Leigh Adams

2. Simon Stead

3. Mads Korneliussen

4. Morten Risager

Cradley Heathens

1. Hans Andersen

2. Adam Shields

3. Darcy Ward

4. Cory Gathercole

Oxford Cheetahs

1. Jason Crump

2. Niels Kristian Iversen

3. Steve Johnston

4. Paul Hurry

Ideal Video Reading Racers

1. Matej Zagar

2. Patrick Hougaard

3. Travis McGowan

4. Mark Lemon

Referee: Graham Reeve

Batchelor in for Crump and Bridger in for PUK (no idea why on the latter). But the important bit is highlighted. :approve:

Having done a 'rider-appeal' scale this is how I will be supporting

Swindon Robins - got 12 out of 20

Oxford Cheetahs got 10 out of 20 (No JC and no PUK otherwise they would have been on a 13!)

Cradley Heathens got 6 out of 20

Reading Racers got 4 out of 20

So -

GO ROBINS :lol:

Edited by Sandie

Just confirms my own personal opinion of the the Chapmans....................

From the Swindon website........

REGRETABLY, Kings Lynn have refused to allow Darcy Ward permission to ride in Thursday's 4 Team Tournament.

Co-Promoter Gary Patchett adds: 'I received a phone call from Rob Lyon, earlier this evening, advising me that Darcy riding tomorrow was against their wishes and that the rider was withdrawing on that basis. I cannot but think that this is part of a pre-conceived agenda on the part of the Kings Lynn promotion after the protracted transfer of Troy Batchelor to Swindon. Considering Jonathan Chapman was sat opposite me all day yesterday at a promoter's meeting in Rugby I would have thought that he might have remembered to mention it to me then.

What they (the KL promotion) clearly do not appreciate is that by doing this they are depriving the broader speedway public of the opportunity to see one of the sports outstanding prospects. This meeting was never about Swindon, but about the plight of Cradley, Oxford and Reading. Considering the Chapman's involvement in the Leicester project I would have thought they would be sympathetic to the cause. Obviously not. Using the rider as a pawn in this way is disgraceful.

Eastbourne's Australian star Cameron Woodward steps in and we are grateful to him for accepting our invitation, at this late stage.'

On the Swindon website it says Crump can't ride. Troy Bachelor in his place.

Iversen has also pulled out of the meeting without explanation. Lewis Bridger in for him.

iversen= why ?

bachelor=fair enough, at this late stage due to crump injury

Just confirms my own personal opinion of the the Chapmans....................

From the Swindon website........

REGRETABLY, Kings Lynn have refused to allow Darcy Ward permission to ride in Thursday's 4 Team Tournament.

Confirms a lot of peoples personal opinions of them Zeistsport. Bet they're in demand come pancake day! :angry:

Whilst I was looking forward to seeing Darcy race live for the first time, the line up is still a good 'un.

C'mon you Racers!!!! :lol:

iversen= why ?

bachelor=fair enough, at this late stage due to crump injury

Iversen = No reason given :mad:

King's Lynn stopping Darcy from earning money = :mad::mad::mad:

Another sad day for speedway, when a fellow promoter refuses permission for his rider to earn . If they were to claim they didnt want to risk their riders with the run in to the championship and possible promotion , well Swindon better with draw all ther riders in that case just in case.

Still a quality field and well done to Midland Robin forputting on such a prestige event, maybe this can become a regular event.

wondered if any of the field from the GP qualifyer had been approached, maybe the ones we rarely see may be even Pavlic, be interesting to see how he goes in that event.

disappointed no Ward though.

Another sad day for speedway, when a fellow promoter refuses permission for his rider to earn . If they were to claim they didnt want to risk their riders with the run in to the championship and possible promotion , well Swindon better with draw all ther riders in that case just in case.

Still a quality field and well done to Midland Robin forputting on such a prestige event, maybe this can become a regular event.

wondered if any of the field from the GP qualifyer had been approached, maybe the ones we rarely see may be even Pavlic, be interesting to see how he goes in that event.

disappointed no Ward though.

With the amount of grief this meeting must have caused MR, what with all the injuries the first time around and now again riders dropping out at the last minute, I'm sure he'll think twice about making this an annual event! However I too would like to thank MR and all the Swindon promotion for putting this meeting on. I know obviously Swindon stand to gain by taking the gate monies but as you have pointed out "ice" it would have been so much easier for them to wrap up thier riders in cotton wool ready for the playoffs. What a shame King's Lynn have appeared to have been so childish in preventing supporters of defunct clubs a chance to see Darcy ride the Blunsden oval just to get back at Swindon!

As an aside, MR if you read this, any chance of getting Big H on the microphone for a spell tonight? (providing he's going of course) Would love to hear him announce Mmmmmmatej Zagar one more time!!!!

Lets hope for a great but safe meeting for all,

Cheers Gonz

Unbelievable!!! Up the Brummies for the play-offs. Gutted not to see Ward turn out for the Mighty Heathens. If KL had genuine fears for DW's health and fitness he wouldn't have been taking guest bookings all over the place. So it must be a personal issue, and to not have the decency to say it to someone's face when you've been sat in a meeting with them for however long is gutless at best. It's because of this type of self-interest, personal vendetta and back-stabbing between clubs that speedway is dying a slow painful death. :angry:

Thanks to Cameron for stepping in and Eastbourne for not being so wrapped up in their own agenda that they don't see the big picture. :approve:

I know obviously Swindon stand to gain by taking the gate monies but as you have pointed out "ice" it would have been so much easier for them to wrap up thier riders in cotton wool ready for the playoffs. What a shame King's Lynn have appeared to have been so childish in preventing supporters of defunct clubs a chance to see Darcy ride the Blunsden oval just to get back at Swindon!

Gary Patchett is on record as saying that if the meeting breaks even he will be happy. The idea, obviously, was to give fans of the homeless three a chance to cheer the jackets, at least for one night only, at EL level.

As an aside on jackets, I was within easy earshot of the Cradley contingent during their second-half Academy match at Birmingham a while back. They had offered nothing but polite applause during the main event (a 45-45 thriller between the Brummies and Stoke) but came to life when what they regarded as the real business of the evening got under way. The opening race was peppered with shouts of "Go on!", "Sign him up!" and, rather sweetly I thought, "Look at them jackets!"

Hats off to Gary Patchett for persevering with this meeting. After the BSPA refusing to allow it to be ridden on a weekend up until the actions of the Lynn promotion by refusing to allow Darcy Ward to ride, it seems to have been one problem after another. Sums up the sort of people who run British Speedway, one trying to promote the sport and the rest trying to sabotage it!