British Speedway Forum

QUOTE (Rob B @ May 9 2009, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very strange, can only presume the referee was pressing the button and they didn't go up before Jonsson went through them

Yeh but even if this is the case, surely it should still be an exclusion as the red lights hadnt come on so the start wasnt aborted :blink:

according to Swedish commentators Emil has just been at the doctor apparently some problem with his cheek bones.

So no British representation in the GP's next season it's looking like - pretty sad. :(

but the tapes did go up didnt they? as look at the inside gate.

Well no one else even began to move until aj went through the tapes :unsure:

Well no one else even began to move until aj went through the tapes :unsure:

I know....so I dont see how it was a tape problem, as the tapes did go up :lol: he should be excluded, BUT....ive got money on him, so I dont care :lol:

So no British representation in the GP's next season it's looking like - pretty sad. :(

its sad, but i'd welcome no british representation. If Hampel and Lindback for example had Scott and Chris' places then there would be two more exciting riders capable of winning a GP. Those are just two examples off the top of my head and I'm sure there are other riders people could think of. Of course people might start arguing the case for somebody better being in there for Ulamek/Walasek... but at least they qualified!

They will always have at least 1 british rider to keep the country watching.

Luckily :lol:

To be honest unless your into watching drag racing its not woth worrying who will be in the gps next year its just getting very boring and who ever replaces the brits wont make much difference to the final standings next season anyway.Am sick to death of watching processional racing with the chimps from sky trying to make it sound exciting.

To be honest unless your into watching drag racing its not woth worrying who will be in the gps next year its just getting very boring and who ever replaces the brits wont make much difference to the final standings next season anyway.Am sick to death of watching processional racing with the chimps from sky trying to make it sound exciting.

Absolutely agree. Until the tracks are prepered for real racing, instead of testing gating reactions, it is barely worth watching

If you watch the replay, you will see that the starter wasnt away from the tapes by more than a couple of yards and was actually looking at them whereas normally they are 5 or 6 yards away with their back to the tapes.

Thats suggest to me there must have been a problem with the tapes maybe ?

"A classic final with 5 Nations involved" :rolleyes: Well Done Tony Millard!

I just wanna watch the best 16 guys in the world race whether Brits, Russian or Japanese. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for the next "world class" British racer to emerge? :unsure: