British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ashie Smashy

Nicholls And Harris

Guest Ashie Smashy

How embarrassing that Tony Millard keep referring to Scott Nicholls has Britain's Number One, Last, Last, Last and not even looking on the pace. Opting out of the Elite League going well for you Scott?

he will be back when his little'un needs to go to primary school in the summer, so give it a month or two, and he will come crawling back asslicking all promotors :neutral:

Andersen has just said on TV that not riding in britain this season has backfired for him. He suggested the same for a few others. Surely he can't mean Nicholls, can he?

But would coming back to EL work any better for him, even assuming he could get a team place at anything like the rate he would be looking for?

What a crock those two currently are. Are they really the best we have to offer? So far out of their depth and really sad to see.

Harris can't gate so stands no chance. Totally out of his depth. Nicholls made a howler dropping EL speedway. If he says he isn't missing it we should rename him Pinochio.

He needs to get back into the EL for starters to get himself sorted out.

Can't see either of them in the GP series next year. Well hopefully not. Best that can happen is that Harris fails to qualify to give Kannett and Tai, or Bridger a snaiff. They may struggle but give them a year and they couldn't do any worse.

I've got to say i agree with you steve on Scott, hes been in this so many years and continualy fails.... But at least Chris looked semi-gutsy out there tonight. A properly prepared Leszno might have suited Chris.

But agree that neither are GP standard! As I've said in another thread I'd much rather see Hampel/Lindback/Karlsson/Iversen/AN OTHER out there full time, Hampel showed tonight he deserves a place (which he doesn't have due to politics and a very difficult qualifying series).

Hopefully Richardson qualifies for Cardiff from the GB Final and shows both of them up (anyone who knows me well will say i'd never go for Richardson! lol!

What a crock those two currently are. Are they really the best we have to offer? So far out of their depth and really sad to see.

Harris can't gate so stands no chance. Totally out of his depth. Nicholls made a howler dropping EL speedway. If he says he isn't missing it we should rename him Pinochio.

Can't see either of them in the GP series next year. Well hopefully not. Best that can happen is that Harris fails to qualify to give Kannett and Tai, or Bridger a snaiff. They may struggle but give them a year and they couldn't do any worse.

Perhaps better to see the youngsters slowly struggle to make headway, Steve, than to see Nicholls [and possibly Harris] slide rapidly down the greasy slopes into Grand Prix/World Championship oblivion.

sorry scott just aint good enough for gp,s he,ll be okay in league racing though,come to think of it chris harris is not gp class either.

Perhaps better to see the youngsters slowly struggle to make headway, Steve, than to see Nicholls [and possibly Harris] slide rapidly down the greasy slopes into Grand Prix/World Championship oblivion.

Personally I'd rather see none of them. The youngsters aren't ready and I wouldn't want to see their careers jeopardized by being put in the GPs too early. I watch the GPs to see the top 15 riders in the world battle it out, if the best British rider is number 16 then I'd rather see no Brits!

Imagine the pressure from Sky if Tai was put in the GPs prematurely next year, i think Pearson would probably faint at the excitement seein as how over-excited he gets about the boy!

If anybody argues with that statement at this place in time, then they need to carried off on a stretcher.

I said on another thread, I will always support the Brits, whether they do badly or not. But that performance from Scott was shameful :oops: 1 point...

I've been entertained and delighted so see some of the younger Brits this year. Edward Kennett is putting them both to shame.

Lewis Bridger seems to have stuck two fingers up to his critics :wink: , wound his neck in and got on with it. I saw a different Lewis Bridger ride at Brandon on Thursday and he was great. Tai hasn't had the best start, but it's his first year and he's had a few knocks...If it were me, those three, I would have in my SWC team without a doubt ....

Edited by Jacques

Guest Ashie Smashy

Nicholls I will give you, Harris I won't, he is still young and an exciting rider to watched, even if he comes in last he entertains. I suspect your opinion would be different he was a Pirate?

Edward Kennett.....you're having a laugh!!!

Hampel on any other track thats not in Poland wouldnt of been at the races!

Unfortunately no British riders are good enough, Id say a gp series without any british riders would save initial embarrasement. wait 2 or 3 years for people like Tai Woffinden and Josh Auty and Ben Barker to mature.

Our problem is that our fastest and biggest tracks ie Sheffield and Kings Lynn are not even in our top flight national league, some of our elite league tracks are similiar to other nations junior training tracks. The Poles, Danes,Swedes and Aussies grow up riding big and fast tracks.

even when Harris passed a rider millard missed it and only clocked it when on the last bend of the last lap!!Tha only thinhg scott did was to ram into Harris in their last rides as if to say" if im having a rubbishe night you aint gonna have a good one either"!!!! Great!!!

Edited by speedy den boy

sorry scott just aint good enough for gp,s he,ll be okay in league racing though,come to think of it chris harris is not gp class either.

Have we anybody who is?? - I DON'T THINK SO!!! :angry:

isn't it a good job scott packed up riding in engalnd this year to concentrate on gaining a top 8 finish in the GP's. well done, that worked well didn't it. mind you, if someone was to put some dirt on the tracks, then maybe we wouldn't be able to fill the program in after the 1st bend. bets thing for the gp's would be to sack olsen and get someone to prepare a track to race on and not just for those who can gate.

Edited by Daddy Hammer