British Speedway Forum

That answers nothing Sue. I understand people will go to the NL due to travel and where they are booked in etc. But my point was that the NL meeting will not be anywhere near as exciting as the Pairs and it definitely wont be the most exciting meeting of the weekend. My other point was that there will be more at the pairs than the NL meet.

True......I've had too much sun today and am waffling.

I might be tempted along to the NL meeting on the Friday night......just a little unsure as I won't have my car and have never been to Newport speedway!

Oh and I will probably be on my own....

To answer the question Snyper, after many hours of travelling from here to Cardiff (via Bury St Edmunds) the last thing I want to do is do battle on the roads to get to Somerset (even though that is another track I've not been to) plus no car to get there anyway.

The Open is a no go due to travelling home.

Having been this weekend to Cardiff to see Oasis i will warn any fans going to the GP there are major road works in the Newport area on the M4 towards Cardiff and on the roundabout at Newport were the A449 joins the M4 there was long delays at both yesterday the GP weekend is a little way of yet so lets hope things improve .

That answers nothing Sue. I understand people will go to the NL due to travel and where they are booked in etc. But my point was that the NL meeting will not be anywhere near as exciting as the Pairs and it definitely wont be the most exciting meeting of the weekend.

If you believe that an NL meeting can't be as exciting as any other meeting then you know nothing about speedway.

My other point was that there will be more at the pairs than the NL meet.

That's hardly a point. It's stating the bleeding obvious.

TBH elite, premier and national are all good to watch aslong as the 14 riders are of the same standard, as that generally equals close meetings.

Well, BFD and crazysue have posted about getting to QM without their own transport and I'm sure their would be others tempted to go to the NL meeting if transport was taken care of.

How about the Malletts contacting Simon Ringham at All Stretched Out (they sponsor David Gough of Plymouth Devils I believe) and get a stretch limo and driver for the evening in return for some free gratis advertising in the programme. They could run a loop from the town (sorry, city) centre and get a few more on the gate plus a load of good will. Just a thought.

Well, BFD and crazysue have posted about getting to QM without their own transport and I'm sure their would be others tempted to go to the NL meeting if transport was taken care of.

How about the Malletts contacting Simon Ringham at All Stretched Out (they sponsor David Gough of Plymouth Devils I believe) and get a stretch limo and driver for the evening in return for some free gratis advertising in the programme. They could run a loop from the town (sorry, city) centre and get a few more on the gate plus a load of good will. Just a thought.

That might be okay for getting people there, but what about after the meeting when they all want to leave at the same time!

Stoaty sit down and chill. Did i say an NL meeting CANNOT be more exciting than any other meeting? NO i didnt i said that the NL meeting at Newport on the 26th will not be more exciting than the PL Pairs. I also replied to someones post who said the NL meeting will be the most exciting meeting of the weekend. You could accuse them of not knowing anything about speedway. Now if your quite finished jumping to conclusions and running your gob we can get back on topic.

That might be okay for getting people there, but what about after the meeting when they all want to leave at the same time!

Let's not introduce negativity into the matter eh? I'm sure there would be plenty of people with cars willing to give them a lift back into town :rolleyes:

Take it they havent heard of buses in Wales.

QM's a bit of a hike from the nearest bus stop. Anybody who was elderly or with mobility problems (for example) might find it a bit difficult to walk there.

I just thought it would be a bit novel that's all, you know, a bit different......might make the papers, a bit of good publicity and all that.

Surely with the number of fans that could become bus users they would have a bus stop nearer the stadium.

Edited by Snyper1010

Anyway there is a meeting at Newport on the Friday night, the Hornets are an entertaining little side to watch, we are there is anyone would like to come over and take a look. And don't worry about being on your own, as you know it doesn't take too long before you meet up with someone at a speedway meeting and become firm friends.

There are buses from the bus station and a taxi costs about £5 from the town centre.

Surely with the number of fans that could become bus users they would have a bus stop nearer the stadium.

Even if every speedway fan got the bus it's probably not worth having a bus stop by the track, there's nothing else by there that would need it and it's not on the way to any where as it's down a dead end. The positive of this is that there are to my knowledge any complaints about noise.