British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jools

Sgp On Tv In Slovenija?

Hello,

We're thinking of heading to Slovenija for a holiday in a couple of weeks, so might be near Krško on the night of the Göteborg SGP.

Does anyone know if anywhere shows the GP live on TV?

Just wondered if there was a sports bar or somewhere that would show it. We're willing to travel!

Also, we've seen a mention of the Golden Sign meeting on 6th June. Does anyone know any details please?

many thanks :)

Slovenian sport channel Sportklub http://si.sportklub.tv/ broadcasts SGP live this year, so try to find a place (in a hotel or somewhere) with Sportklub channel. If you want a real speedway atmosphere, I recommend "Okrepčevalnica Grand Prix", speedway bar in Drnovo near Krsko, where a lot of speedway fans gather to watch live speedway.

The address: Drnovo 69 8273 Leskovec pri Krškem

GPS: 45°57'37.75" 15°28'41.3"

And about Golden sign meeting: this year this meeting will be merged with Sax Super Cup and will feature many of the world top riders. In 2007 and 2008 riders like Crump, Hancock, Jonsson, B. Pedersen and others took part in this meeting. This year's lineup is yet to be announced but I'm sure we will again see a quality field.

Brilliant - thanks very much for the info.

Will look for Golden Sign line up a bit nearer the time, but sounds like it could be a good meeting. :)

BTW, what time does Golden Sign start? Thanks.

Edited by Jools

Brilliant - thanks very much for the info.

Will look for Golden Sign line up a bit nearer the time, but sounds like it could be a good meeting. :)

BTW, what time does Golden Sign start? Thanks.

I can also recommend you a "Stadion" pub at the speedway stadion in Krško, we watch it on the big screen. Golden sign usually starts at 19.00 h.

Welcome.

I can also recommend you a "Stadion" pub at the speedway stadion in Krško, we watch it on the big screen. Golden sign usually starts at 19.00 h.

Welcome.

Thank you :) we know where that one is!

I think we shall be there for the GP. We're really looking forward to our trip & will go to the Golden Sign for our speedway fix!

Bad news for you Jools. The Golden Sign and Sax Super Cup meeting has now been cancelled. :( The main reason is financial crisis which reduced the budget for this meeting for more than 70% and forced the organizers to cancel the meeting.

Bad news for you Jools. The Golden Sign and Sax Super Cup meeting has now been cancelled. :( The main reason is financial crisis which reduced the budget for this meeting for more than 70% and forced the organizers to cancel the meeting.

Oh no!!!

That's a real shame. Never mind, we're still heading south on Wed so we'll be around on Sat for the GP in the bar.

Will have to try & find another meeting while we're away.

Thanks for letting us know :)

More news regarding this meeting. I've found yesterday that only the Sax Super Cup meeting was cancelled, but the Golden Sign meeting will go ahead on June 6th! The lineup will not be as good as that of Sax Super Cup, here are some of the names announced so far:

Maksims Bogdanovs

Andriy Karpov

Denis Sajfutdinov

Daniel Pytel

Maneul Hauzinger

Dino Kovacic

Jozsef Tabaka

Izak Santej

Matija Duh

Sandi Conda

Many thanks for letting us know, it's nice to see riders that we don't see very often anyway.