British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lake Bodom Comet

Grand Prix Challenge 2009 @ Coventry

Does anyone know when tickets for this will go on sale and who will be selling them??

Thank you.

Does anyone know when tickets for this will go on sale and who will be selling them??

Thank you.

I have just unearthed this on the BSPA website. If the prices are correct, they will be lucky to get a crowd of 20. What an absolute joke.

DATE/ TIME Friday, September 18, 2009

VENUE Coventry Stadium, Rugby Road, Brandon, Nr Coventry CV8 3GJ

Track Telephone: 02476 540 400

ADMISSION PRICES £25.00 Adult

£15.00 Concession

£5.00 Junior 12-15 yrs

(Child 11 and under - Free)

PROGRAMME £5.00

QUALIFYING RIDERS TBC

MEETING FORMAT 16 riders compete in 20 qualifying heats.

Top 2 from the heats go direct to the Grand Final, with the riders placed 3rd-6th racing in a semi-final.

1st and 2nd from the semi-final then progress to the Grand Final.

Riders finishing in 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in Grand Final will qualify for 2010 World Championship Grand Prix series.

RESULT To follow after the meeting...

£25 to stand on the terracing at Coventry? I think I'll give it a miss.

£25 to stand on the terracing at Coventry? I think I'll give it a miss.

bloomin eck!!!!!! That is a rip off!!! :mad:

Will look at the line up before I make any decisions!

So for what appears to be general admittance (i hope it isn't because it's daylight robery) and a programme, they want £30 per adult. That is more expensive than most Grand Prix.

Maybe this is seated cost, I really can't see how they could justify the price to stand.

RESULT To follow after the meeting...

Intersting last line.

Is it possible then, on other occassions to give the result BEFORE the meeting!!!!!!!

The prices at Zielona Gora last season were in local terms very, very high (seats we had were about £28 based on the exchange rate at the time, 120zl) for the corresponding meeting in 2008. This resulted in a crowd of around 4,000 whereas normally the local team get capacity crowds of 14,000. The price for unreserved seating at Zielona Gora for the forthcoming match with Bydgoszcz is 25zl.

I was seriously considering this meeting, but at that price the likelihood of my attending is lessened. Will wait and see the qualifiers before making a call I think. Tickets for the SWC meeting at Peterborough are cheaper than this and will likely contain a much stronger line up.

Interesting that it appears the meeting is stated as using the top 2 to final / next 4 to semi climax. Certainly just went on points last year.

Rico :rolleyes:

On a Friday ?

Thought the meeting was supposedly on Sunday September 20th ?

£25 is bloody steep too !

They showed that they messed up last year charging what they did for the SWC at Coventry. The stand was empty... :rolleyes: They put sensible prices on the tickets for the Peterborough leg this year.

The GP challenge is one I will not miss though , but I'll get a stand ticket. But £25.00 to stand is too much.. :rolleyes:

If BSI/FIM stick to those prices I think they will make a huge mistake with a very small crowd that is far too much and with it now being on a Friday night most people will not go the prices for the WTC at Peterborough are about right.

This meeting is also very likely to be broadcast by Sky sports this year for the first time as there is broadcasters around the world who have requested coverage so I would be very surprised if they film and produce the programme but dont show it themselves.