British Speedway Forum
Guest Oh no ur shoes!

Where do people want the SWC to be next year?

Guest Oh no ur shoes!

Just wondered where people want it to be??

I would like it to be in Czech. Rep.!

Lets scrap it altogether or run every four years or even 40 years

Never mind the venue wot about the rules need to sort out jokers and Tac subs after wot happened to aussies this year (IMHO)

Bibra Lake, Western Australia. If not somewhere in Oz maybe Mildura

Round 1 - Czech Rep

Round 2- Poland

Round 3 - Germany

Round 4 - France(Paris)

Round 5 - England (Coventry)

:D

I think Poland is the best place to really give the event the stage it deserves. If money were not an option though it would be nice if a joint Australia/New Zealand tournament could be organised.

Guest Oh no ur shoes!

I don’t want it to be in England because i want to make a holiday out of it!

Poland or Czech will do fine!

:)

Why so much apathy from the likes of Jungle Jake, Gredon, Speedy Star and Markone?

What is wrong with a week long festival of speedway?

I agree that the Jokers and the five rider format have to go but the general idea I think is great and may it grow in strength.

Surely anybody that went to Sheffield last year when the Aussies just beat Team GB (thanks to that joker) would agree what a great meeting and atmosphere there was that night. With so many fans from all over the country supporting the same team it was a great event.

We were fortunate enough to go to Denmark this year. Five meetings in seven days. The best riders in the world and many others from Russia, Italy etc. that we would never normally see. I know the format needs looking at but you should have seen the GB boys the night they qualified for the final, they were as proud as punch and so were all the GB fans that were there.

All in all it was a fantastic speedway week, meeting fans and riders from all over the world. I can't wait to sort out next years holiday around the World Cup 2004.

It appears from earlier posts that you are happy to sneer, well of course you can, but I'm on the SWC bandwagon and enjoying the ride. See ya!

I was in Denmark too, OleOleOle (hate the name BTW!!!! ;)), and I agree the GP riders and fans were well proud to reach the final, it was wonderful to be in charge :)

BSI having the rights to this competition spoils it for me though! Having said that I would like to see it over here again because it is a great competition (as long as they get rid of the 5 man races!!!!! which are not needed!!!) with Sheffield and Lynn having rounds :approve::approve::approve::approve::approve::approve:

Guest Mr Flappy

Do it all at Cardiff, seems they could do with a cash injection for the stadium owners at present.

At the moment there are three countries in the hat !

Poland

Great Britain

Czecho

If Great Britain host it, then it will be held at two tracks, Eastbourne and Poole (words from JP himself) however, at the moment the hot favorite is Czecho ! This is fine by me as I get another week away, not so much fun with Eastie and Poole, can travel back and forth from home for those !

OLEOLEOLE - it sounds like you had a great time in Denmark.

Any room for me next year? I fancy a week in the Czech Republic myself. ;):D