British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bee

Second Half Riders....

I seem to recall a second halfer at Belle Vue by the name of Brian Bentley (I think). I also recall that he rode for the Aces twice but something like seven years between each meeting.

Many a second half at Wembley in 1970/71 also saw a number of other riders invited to take part in the second half only. I remember seeing John Louis for the first time on one such occasion and such was his rise to stardom that by 1972 (in his third full season as a Speedway rider) he finished joint 4th in his first World Final also at Wembley.

Edited by WembleyLion

I've asked before and never got an answer, but whatever happened to Rocky Coutts, who I seem to remember I saw several times at Wimbledon?

what about these other dons juniors from the 1970's. paul dowdall, ian fletcher, brian canning, lee edmonds and ian silk. i wonder what happened to these riders.