British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TeamBouchard

2nd Long Eaton Re-union Night

I would just like to pass on my thanks to Peter Wrathall and his hard-working committee for organising another wonderful night of Long Eaton Speedway nostalgia on Saturday, June 21st at the 2nd Annual Re-Union of Archers/Rangers/Outlaws/Invaders riders.

Once again, fans had the chance to mix and converse with some great names from the Station Road past, all of whom - just as they were last year - proved to be grand lads with some great stories. It was a privilege to be there.

Again, the support of the evening was not confined just to those with Long Eaton associations with ex-riders Russ Dent, Allan Butterfield, Norman Hunter, John Hart and Graham Tattersall together with Ian Martin (and friends - raffle winners extrordinaire!) from the Sunderland Speedway website all enthusiastically involved.

Long Eaton riders present (please forgive any omissions - and update the thread as necessary) in no particular order included, Peter Wrathall, Paul Evitts, Chris Pidcock, Ray Wilson, Roger Mills, Dave Harvey, Geoff Bouchard, Steve Waplington, Joe Hughes, Vic White and Keith White.

Without doubt, the acquisition of 1980's "Announcer" Ken Walker to act as Master of Ceremonies was a master stroke. His enthusiasm for the role, together with a great working knowledge of speedway and all the riders concerned meant that everyone heard a wonderfully informative "Question and Answer" session with Paul Evitts, John Hart, Vic White and Russ Dent.

Clearly the displays of Long Eaton memorabilia which decorated the function room had taken some considerable efforts from those "behind the scenes" but everyone can be satisfied with another super evening. If you're a Long Eaton fan and you've not been to these events (or even the other evenings which have been organised over the Winter by the Group) then you have really missed out. May I suggest that you keep an eye out for future dates; you won't be disappointed.

I'm not ashamed to say that the "buzz" or "adrenalin rush" that I experienced from talking about past times to these icons of Long Eaton's speedway history (and my youth!) meant I hardly slept on Saturday night!

Wonderful times. Wonderful night. Well done to all concerned.

Edited by TeamBouchard

Sounds great -wish I could have been there but Long Eaton will always be " Archers " to me!!Wish the old Pavilion pub was still there tho.