British Speedway Forum

Been trying to book 2 nights at a B&B,phoneline was engaged for an hour then the lady answered she said she isnt taking any bookings for next July quote"until the manager gives us next years book"!

Me thinks they think something is happening that they should know about and don't-Me thinks manager is wondering what is happening that weekend and why people keep ringing up today and wont commit himself to a price just yet!! :angry:

Been trying to book 2 nights at a B&B,phoneline was engaged for an hour then the lady answered she said she isnt taking any bookings for next July quote"until the manager gives us next years book"!

Me thinks they think something is happening that they should know about and don't-Me thinks manager is wondering what is happening that weekend and why people keep ringing up today and wont commit himself to a price just yet!! :angry:

Funnily enough Nevs, I've just tried that with a hotel not far from the stadium - they don't have the calendar for next July yet, but when I said I'd try again in a couple of days after the bloke said they might have details at the end of the week, he then said they'd be filling up soon. How does he know that when they haven't even got a book going yet??? :blink:

They do have an "email enquiry" reservation kind of thing so I don't suppose it will hurt to ask the question that way!

Where you at Tina?

Are you not interested in where Im staying?!?!

But it has to be somewhere with Air Con preferably!!!!! :lol::lol:

Where you at Tina?

Same place as you. So look out :lol:

Come on then you lot share what is obviously the best kept secret in the world and tell us where you are staying, please.

Excellent :approve:

Tickets booked now too!! Never been so organized lol

Come on then you lot share what is obviously the best kept secret in the world and tell us where you are staying, please.

No secret - same as the last few years.

Mercure Lodge :lol::wink:

Giving it a go next year for the first time in 4 years.

Last time was spoilt by drunks........

If you book tickets over the phone make sure you get an email confirmation, that way you get to know about hotels.

But it has to be somewhere with Air Con preferably!!!!! :lol::lol:

Ill 2nd that the mercure lodge was way too warm and the chuffin windows didnt open!!

Squall will have to pick better next year :wink: