British Speedway Forum

Why not look at Bristol for hotel room as the train station is not far off the centre and Cardiff station is just minutes away from the stadium and late trains till around 10pm , plus your away from the rip off hotels so may save some of the aggro .

Ps or save your money and go to the Marmande Long Track championship in France on the 13th of July lovely weather , great racing on a real racers track and i only live 35 miles Cardiff and once was enough hated it that was the British GP very over rated .

Edited by Speedwaystevemk2

Well I will as usual travel down in the morning, arrive in Cardiff around 10 and then leave for home roughly one hour after the meeting.

Cant be arsed with all this hotel business and being nearly motorway back to the midlands, it takes me just two hours to travel the 130 miles and get home just in time to watch the replay on Sky ;)

Wonder if the Mrs wants to come again ?

Me & my boyfriend have been looking for hotels, and cant find ANYWHERE that isnt booked, so we may well be doing the same thing, T.N.T. Works out cheaper methinks :)

Me & my boyfriend have been looking for hotels, and cant find ANYWHERE that isnt booked, so we may well be doing the same thing, T.N.T. Works out cheaper methinks :)

I dont think this hotel is booked

http://www.superbreak.com/hotels/legacy_ca...-hotel-7180.htm

We booked about a week ago so I would think there would be places left. Its only a 15 minute car journey from the centre of Cardiff in a place called Tongwynlais and is situated just off the M4 at junction 32.

The only thing is like most hotels they have hiked the prices up for 10th July, we are paying £60 a night to stay there so thats over double the normal price but it does allow us to go to Newport on the Sunday.

Premier Inn Cardiff Centre, new hotel now taking bookings for July (if that helps anyone!)

To Quote them:

http://www.premierinn.com/en/justBrowseSea...rchTerm=Cardiff

Helmont House, 10 Churchill Way,

Cardiff CF10 2NB, United Kingdom

T: 0870 111 2916

F: 0870 111 2917

Opening in Febuary 2010. Located in the heart of the Welsh Capital, with views across the city, a perfect location for those who are here on business or to visit the cities venues and shops. Amongst the easily accessible attractions, within walking distance are Cardiff International Arena, the Millenium stadium and the recently opened St Davids shopping centre.

Our Cardiff Central Premier Inn has everything you'd expect, incredibly comfy beds in every room, ensuite bathrooms and an integrated restaurant serving a mix of traditional and contemporary dishes.

Me & my boyfriend are going to stay in Newport, 25 mins away (according to google maps, lol) and way, way cheaper :) Im excited about my first GP! :rolleyes:

the cardiff one still has high availability only went on the screens late sunday night for premier inn sites to sell to i was told when i phoned up my help line today at work. wasnt there sunday when i checked. would advise to book fast tho as the other city centre locations will be cross selling there overbooking levels to it

some extra info is that currently as of yet they are not 1005 sure on the location of the car park. could be a ncp with the normal 10/15% customer discount.

currently as of today it is £105 per night but we now are dynamic pricing meaning this changes depending on the availability also soon there could be length of stay restrictions on if u have problems booking just let me know and i will get some one or i will have a look at what the reason is

Edited by tiny

I hope someone can remember what hotel I booked, was months ago :lol:

marriott now has rooms available. i have just booked in there.

and hun i have no idea where you are check your emails and then u will find out

I have my cheaper accomodation booked through laterooms in the Victoria Halls (student accomodation) in Cardiff confirmed... Heehee, so I won't get the 5* treatment and breakfasts, I'll have a kitchenette I can just buy some supplies for on route. :D

I have my cheaper accomodation booked through laterooms in the Victoria Halls (student accomodation) in Cardiff confirmed... Heehee, so I won't get the 5* treatment and breakfasts, I'll have a kitchenette I can just buy some supplies for on route. :D
As you're paying about £500 a night less you can just get breakfast delivered :D

As you're paying about £500 a night less you can just get breakfast delivered :D

I sure could at £70 per night for a double. :D

marriott now has rooms available. i have just booked in there.

and hun i have no idea where you are check your emails and then u will find out

Having stayed at the Marriott over Cardiff weekend before, it is definitely one of the most overpriced hotels for sure...

We've been at the Park Inn ever since the Marriott screwed up our booking one year and ain't looked back since... Even more so since the refurbishments have been done there :approve:

Well I've stayed at the etap for the past two years and now it's been hi-jacked by the travel club for double the price - OK i's still cheap but I've decided to put the costs of travel tickets hotel for the 3 of us (about £500) towards going instead to

MARMARIS

Its a wee bit sunnier and warmer and the beer's about a £1.50 a pint :D

Edited by BTL

Well I've stayed at the etap for the past two years and now it's been hi-jacked by the travel club for double the price - OK i's still cheap but I've decided to put the costs of travel tickets hotel for the 3 of us (about £500) towards going instead to

MARMARIS

Its a wee bit sunnier and warmer and the beer's about a £1.50 a pint :D

Its a little bit out of the way but we are staying at Monmouth in the Wetherspoon lodge.We stayed there 3 years ago and it's £60 a room.Its on our way home too on the m50

booked into the Hilton at Bristol, £55 per night including breakfast, and perfect for both Somerset on the Friday, and Cardiff on the Saturday .. same as i did last year