British Speedway Forum

and sorry Nevs - but our organising of Cardiff is bringing the thread back up to the top all the time so stop your whinging!!! ;)

I thought that too ... stop ya whining Ginge! :wink:

ok .. i thought Bristol was perfectly placed for both the Friday & Saturday, thats why i'm staying there again this year.

Blimey busy week for you! You'll be going global next season!! Watch out Ola! :lol:

And yep - I think even I would use my Cardiff fund for something like that - but dont tell my daughters I have other kids out there somewhere!!! :shock:

Yeah right! I might say oh I'm in Cardiff that weekend if you wanna meet up I'll be in the Aussie bar if not I'll be back Sunday :lol:

Have been trying for a long while with no success. Does anybody know any hotels in Cardiff that have any rooms available?

OR

Does anybody have a room they no longer need and would change it to my name.

Many Thanks in advance

Wayne

Nevs has a spare hotel room for sale which he has advertised a few posts back :)

Sure do WayneO

Maybe we can negotiate-Where is Terry Tibbs when you need him. :P

I still cant believe people are mugs to even think of staying in Cardiff, when there are plenty of cheap accomodation alternatives about a 1hr away at most via train from the stadium at normal rates. Think outside the box people and you'll save a hell of alot. Even with train costs and hotel prices I save over £100 on Cardiff prices each year.

I still cant believe people are mugs to even think of staying in Cardiff, when there are plenty of cheap accomodation alternatives about a 1hr away at most via train from the stadium at normal rates. Think outside the box people and you'll save a hell of alot. Even with train costs and hotel prices I save over £100 on Cardiff prices each year.

For some that maybe okay, but for others such as me I most definately want to stay well within the box.

Many of us spend hours in the car up and down the country following our speedway teams so Cardiff is about parking the car on Friday lunchtime, checking in and relaxing for two and a half days.

For us Cardiff is not only a speedway meeting but a social occassion to meet up with fellow fans who you dont get the opportunity to see during the year.

For example - Nevs from Exeter, Pammie from Scotland plus a few more other suspicious characters :wink: .

These are the guys you may only see once a year and we love either having a meal with them, a drink in the POW or aussie Bar and catching up on old times.

SO for me - I think I'll stay well within the box ta. :D

I don't remember seeing any trains leaving Cardiff Central Station at 3am when I was leaving the Walkabout Bar last year :blink:

Perhaps some of us want to have a good drink on the Friday and Saturday nights and then stagger back to our hotel rooms a few minutes away?

To call people mugs for spending their hard earned money for a once a year event is being very disrespectful.

How much money did you spend travelling up to Norfolk to see one sided meetings at Kings Lynn last year? :rolleyes:

Edited by Shadders

Listen mate, it's not always about saving money. Cardiff is a one off, a chance to enjoy the weekend, not just the meeting, and staying over is the best bit. I want to be able todo as I please, and have a drink, a meal and meet with people, and jumping in the car after the meeting, and driving an hour back to a hotel, doesn't fit the bill. Our hotel is about a 10 minute taxi ride away from the stadium. It is where we stayed last year, and we are meeting up with the same people as last year.

You can't put a price on a good time.

I'm paying just over £100 for two nights in a double room. Hardly extortionate

The Manor Parc Hotel in Cardiff still has vacancies at a fairly reasonable price. I have just made a booking and will be getting a taxi back there with my mate who also has a room there. If anyone else is staying there and wishes to share a taxi back following a drink or 2 in the centre feel free to pm me!

For some that maybe okay, but for others such as me I most definately want to stay well within the box.

I am that 'some' so thats why after 1 year of staying in Cardiff, I didnt wanna waste anymore of my hard earned money on accomodation, when it can be spent at the event on other stuff.

For us Cardiff is not only a speedway meeting but a social occassion to meet up with fellow fans who you dont get the opportunity to see during the year.

It is the same for me Sandie, I meet up with alot of British Sliders at the POW, who i'd regulary during the year game against.

SO for me - I think I'll stay well within the box ta. :D

Good for you, to some it isnt an option I guess to travel away from the city centre, even if it saves them money.

I don't remember seeing any trains leaving Cardiff Central Station at 3am when I was leaving the Walkabout Bar last year :blink:

LOL true Shadds, but I spent alot of my drinking after i'd arrived back in Swansea.

Perhaps some of us want to have a good drink on the Friday and Saturday nights and then stagger back to our hotel rooms a few minutes away?

I had plenty of drinks on the Friday night last year, even got to get friendly with the locals hehe. :oops:

To call people mugs for spending their hard earned money for a once a year event is being very disrespectful.

I dunno, to me it isnt disrespectful, though I maybe naive for my age as ive not got any reason to tie myself down to a certain location as I usually travel alone to Cardiff.

How much money did you spend travelling up to Norfolk to see one sided meetings at Kings Lynn last year? :rolleyes:

I didnt see the Stars once at home last season, as after the 2008 season I went to 3 home meetings, 2 which were a borefest and only the Edinburgh P/Off meeting being of excitement. I only saw the Stars away at Rye in both meetings between the two in 2009.

I'm paying just over £100 for two nights in a double room. Hardly extortionate

To you it might not be Wayne, to me I can get that standard of accomodation at around £50 for 2 nights, half the price. I look for a bargain were ever I can find it. Especially for a weekend when im gonna spend alot at various stages.

To you it might not be Wayne, to me I can get that standard of accomodation at around £50 for 2 nights, half the price. I look for a bargain were ever I can find it. Especially for a weekend when im gonna spend alot at various stages.

Don't get me wrong, it's more than I'd want to pay, but hotels up here are about £60 per night, so paying £50 down Cardiff isn't extortionate, just the going rate and not upped to a ridiculous amount

For example - Nevs from Exeter, Pammie from Scotland plus a few more other suspicious characters :wink: .

These are the guys you may only see once a year and we love either having a meal with them, a drink in the POW or aussie Bar and catching up on old times.

May not get to see you in Cardiff this year at all Sandie - Don't think I will be going even although I really really wanna go as always :(

May not get to see you in Cardiff this year at all Sandie - Don't think I will be going even although I really really wanna go as always :(

:(

If I do go to Cardiff, I may have to fly to bristol and stay there this year so no nights out with everyone, :( which is what I love doing.