British Speedway Forum

How true Shadders!

This is the first time we want to stay,but I aint paying those prices.

Couldn't believe it was two nights only and can't book for just one!

Wouldn't have paid £175 for one night anyway!

Edited by Nevs

Just prov booked room for Fri/Sat night through laterooms...

Left it a bit late!

Not had confirmation yet but its rather expensive.. Booked a decent hotel since its the same price as the 'cheap' ones!

Plus booking through that site I can cancel if I change my mind, or find summat better...

All sorted. ;)

Just prov booked room for Fri/Sat night through laterooms...

Left it a bit late!

Not had confirmation yet but its rather expensive.. Booked a decent hotel since its the same price as the 'cheap' ones!

Plus booking through that site I can cancel if I change my mind, or find summat better...

All sorted. ;)

Don't hold your breath - I too thought I'd booked a reasonably priced 3 bedroom apartment through laterooms (also with option to cancel) a fortnight ago. When I hadn't received confirmation after a week I contacted them with the booking enquiry number I'd been given only to find that I hadn't got a booking after all - the apartments hadn't actually released the rooms for next year or even decided on a price! I'm afraid your booking enquiry may prove worthless :cry:

Yep already had that, so made another one.. Will keep on making 'em til it pays off, as determined not to spend ridiculous amounts on a hotel, but at the same time not sure on transport so need to be within reasonable distance.. Argh!

Guest sjl
Yep already had that, so made another one.. Will keep on making 'em til it pays off, as determined not to spend ridiculous amounts on a hotel, but at the same time not sure on transport so need to be within reasonable distance.. Argh!

Can you recommend somewhere that is not too ''ridiculous'' hotel wise as I have had no joy!! Trying to book into a local caravan park but that's chocka with a waiting list as well :cry:

Ticket wise I am not bothered as that is easily sorted but having travelled there and back in a day this year I really want to stay over a couple of days -- hopefully not breaking the bank!

I've just booked through late hotels.

I had to 'request' availability, but I now have a room for the two nights.

From what I can gather its essentially student accomodation (Victoria Halls) about 20 min walk from the Millenium Stadium. But hey, £70 for a double a night compared to the rest of the prices, and I'm not complaining.

If you wanted details of where I booked it, drop me a PM. :)

Hotel and Tickets all booked, Cardiff 2010 here I come.

I booked at Marriot but that is rather expensive.

I booked at Marriot but that is rather expensive.

Looked at that.. Nice place, great location - but I just begrudge spending that much in one weekend. :P

Sorry but cardiff hoteliers are just greedy bastards end of !. Been going to cardiff GP as long as its been running but not next year I will watch it on tv instead & may be go to sweden or denmark even thats cheaper than staying in cardiff & a lot easier booking a room !. :angry::mad:

Guest sjl
I've just booked through late hotels.

I had to 'request' availability, but I now have a room for the two nights.

From what I can gather its essentially student accomodation (Victoria Halls) about 20 min walk from the Millenium Stadium. But hey, £70 for a double a night compared to the rest of the prices, and I'm not complaining.

If you wanted details of where I booked it, drop me a PM. :)

Many thanks for your reply --- going to hang on a while to see if I can book in to the caravan site (on the ''waiting list'')

Sorry but cardiff hoteliers are just greedy bastards end of !. Been going to cardiff GP as long as its been running but not next year I will watch it on tv instead & may be go to sweden or denmark even thats cheaper than staying in cardiff & a lot easier booking a room !. :angry::mad:

Of course there is an alternative to staying over if it's too expensive - go on one of the coaches that all the tracks run to Cardiff. That's what I do now.

I booked my tickets through seetickets, then it gave me a link to book a hotel room, I think IMG had secured about a thousand rooms, I got 2 rooms at the Etap, cental Cardiff for £60 each, don't know if there'll be any still available.

Of course there is an alternative to staying over if it's too expensive - go on one of the coaches that all the tracks run to Cardiff. That's what I do now.

I've done that before.

Depending on where you're located, it can be a long journey, and too much for one day.

I could be home just after midnight after the GP if I drove back, but would have to stay off the booze all day Saturday ..... For me half the fun of GP weekend is the socializing before and after the meeting ..... It's a bit of a rush to get back for the Sunday afternoon meeting at Rye though :shock: