British Speedway Forum

Bit of a worry for Boycey I reckon, specially with Rory going down tonight.

Any more news on his condition, one report says a break etc, but until someone

gets concrete news on this, I wont take that as read.

Hope Roo isnt as badly injured as suggested, I like the fella and it would be a

shame if he has to miss any meetings, let alone the SWC.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your tour BFD.

Excerpt from the report on Bees website regarding Rory, not good news for aussies.

"Fortunately the leg is not broken, although he does have a problem with his knee, and the shoulder injury has been confirmed as a broken collarbone.

In addition to that, Schlein has suffered a small break to his wrist, and possible nerve loss in a finger.

Everyone at Coventry wishes him all the best for as speedy a recovery as possible."

On sky tonight they said Davey Watt would be replacing Rory Schlein.

Surely Adams will ride now as Rory and Ward are out for a while.

Nowhere official has ever said Adams won't ride?

Heard last night it would be Jason, Leigh, Ryan, Chris and Adam Shields. :approve:

Whoever rides I'm sure I'll be getting some serious flag-waving in. :lol:

Heard last night it would be Jason, Leigh, Ryan, Chris and Adam Shields. :approve:

Whoever rides I'm sure I'll be getting some serious flag-waving in. :lol:

Adam Shields is in good form at the moment and not at all bad in Poland, whereas Davey Watt seems to be struggling in Poland.

Such a shame for Rory and Best WIshes for a speedy recovery.

Will be shocked if Australia dont win this by at least 6 points from Poland while England (not Team GB) are way back in third.

Will be shocked if Australia dont win this by at least 6 points from Poland while England (not Team GB) are way back in third.

I actually think Slovenia could well get 3rd.

If Zagar can get 13 I think we'll struggle to get 3rd.

Aussies are favourites but Poles are surely able to beat them. Adams and Sullivan have been far from their best form recently. Watt is a bit unpredictable but somehow I cannot see him scoring double digit. Poles have picked up riders who perform better in Polish league. That's why Walasek and Holta are out. Ulamek is injured and will not ride for sure. For me only Miedzinski is a bit of mistery. The guy is going to ride in SWC for the first time in his life and also his performance this year improved all of a sudden (previously was a mid class rider with good talent).

Aussies are favourites but Poles are surely able to beat them. Adams and Sullivan have been far from their best form recently. Watt is a bit unpredictable but somehow I cannot see him scoring double digit. Poles have picked up riders who perform better in Polish league. That's why Walasek and Holta are out. Ulamek is injured and will not ride for sure. For me only Miedzinski is a bit of mistery. The guy is going to ride in SWC for the first time in his life and also his performance this year improved all of a sudden (previously was a mid class rider with good talent).

Leigh far from his best on the individual front but certainly in top trim as far as team events go...and exactly what is the world cup?..a team event?!

Leigh far from his best on the individual front but certainly in top trim as far as team events go...and exactly what is the world cup?..a team event?!

The World Cup might be a team of riders together in the pits, but when they hit the track its individual as all riders from each team ride alone, so no one out on track to help them.

I actually think Slovenia could well get 3rd.

If Zagar can get 13 I think we'll struggle to get 3rd.

:lol: Funniest thing ive read all year, you do know its not April Fools Day?! :wink:

Even with Zagar, he is pretty much on his own. I cant see the Slovenians having top equipment like the Russians did on Saturday, so they're gonna have to rely on how well they ride the track. Im sure Peterborough is a new track to at least 2 of their side. My prediction on Slovenia is their hit around 20pts.

Slovenia wont beat England for third,apart from Zagar who else have they got :unsure: If the Poles have a bad night we could even nick second behind the Aussies. :shock:

This is speedway and over the years I have learnt to accept the unexpected.

On paper I agree that Slovenia should not be in the running, but be honest who who expected Russia to turn in that performance on Saturday to win round 1 ?

This is the type of meeting that anything could happen.

From http://speedwaygp.com/

WATT CALL-UP

Davey Watt has been called up into the Australian side for Event Two of the FIM Tobet Speedway World Cup at Peterborough tonight.

The Eastbourne rider replaces Rory Schlein, who broke a collarbone riding for Coventry against Ipswich on Friday night.

Schlein was sent flying from his bike after hitting the back-straight fence in Heat 4 and also suffered a fractured wrist, a knee problem and possible nerve loss in a finger.

Australia tackle Great Britain, Poland and Slovenia in tonight's meeting, with the winners qualifying for Saturday's Final at Leszno, and the second and third placed teams going into Thursday's Race-Off in Poland.